Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Stay awake. . .

You know I just can't let you be. . . 

What do you do when there is no justice in the world?
It always seems like those who hurt others seem to get away with so much and are never made to be accountable for their actions.  Why do we let this happen?  Some may argue that this is how the system is put together, that we can't possibly hope to have justice served in the way that is right, because it can be bought, it can be sold, it can be manipulated beyond any poor man's control.

I am the blank page before you
I am the fine idea you crave
I live and breathe under the moon
And when you cross that bridge
I'll come find you

Have you ever been anyone's dream before?
They might have designs on you being able to advance them in some way, be able to articulate things for them that they never could.  They might have learned so many things that people start to believe that they came up with all of that on their own.  Nobody would ever deign to think that they couldn't possibly have come up with anything that original.  No crafted responses surely.  What bridges must we construct for ourselves to learn anymore about ourselves that we think we already know?  I don't know if I want to willingly go and find people who do that.  They might come looking for me, continue searching for me.  Maybe I just don't want to be found, because I was never really lost in the first place.  I've just gone into hiding.

Stay awake with me
You know I can't just let you be 
Stay awake with me
Take your hand and come and find me

What would make you stay?
People will probably stop trying to mess with you once you make it clear that you are not to be messed with.  The fear that you hold within yourself is actually a stronger hold, does more damage than what you think others could ever possibly do.  This is what people who try to do harm to you try to do.  This is what people who try to blackmail you try to do.  They play on your fears and think that you are weak enough to manipulate, that you don't know yourself well enough to rise above those fears and discover your inner strength that they couldn't reach.



I don't have a skin like you do
To keep it all in like you do
I don't have a soul like you
The only one I have 
Is the one I stole from you

What do those blackmailers try to do when you develop a thick skin?
They start to panic and realise that you have surpassed their low level machinations, that they can't actually touch you from the opposite side of the world sitting behind their computer screens.  There are so much elaborate schemes out there that exist, that by the time police are able to investigate what is actually happening behind the scenes, the scammers will have moved on to the next approach, the next play, the next victim.  Why do we allow ourselves to trust so easily in this day and age?  People will start to show that they are not what they seem to be.  Humanity cannot be trusted because security measures must be tightened and you have to be more careful about what it is that you do and whether you can trust who you are talking to.  Be wary when other people try to steal your soul from you.  It isn't theirs to take and they can only take it if you let them, so stay vigilant at all times.

Stay awake with me
You know I can't just let you be
Stay awake with me
Take your hand and come and find me
Stay awake with me
You know I can't just let you be
Stay awake with me
Take your hand and come and find me

I hope that you will learn how to do things for yourself.
Sometimes we get so used to people being there for us all the time, that we don't know how to function on our own.  When we develop co-dependent behaviours, we don't do ourselves any favours.   I hope you know how to deal with people who want to cause you harm and want take all that you are to claim it for themselves, to strip you of everything that you hold dear, because they either have nothing else to do, or because they've done it to so many others before you, that they know no other way of life.  They do to others, otherwise they get done to.  Is this the world we live in now?  This is what the world looks like with no justice in it.  If anything, all I want from you is to stay awake. . .