Tuesday, 11 July 2017

Leave me alone. . .

Who's laughing baby, don't you know. . . 

I don't care what you talkin' bout baby
I don't care what you say
Don't you come walkin' beggin' back mama
I don't care anyway
Dime after dime I give you all of my money
No excuses to make
Ain't no mountain that I can't climb baby
All is going my way

No matter what you try to do to change public perception of you, people will believe what they want to believe.  The more that you do for others, the more you seem to come under scrutiny.  People will become suspicious of your motives and not bother to ask you point blank why you do what you do, and what lies behind the thoughts that sit in your head.  When do you decide that enough is enough? When do you decide that if people are not going to be upfront about what is really going on behind closed doors - you the keeper of secrets - when will you be able to just let all of it go and just walk away?  How will you climb over those mountains and distance yourself from the mountains that people keep putting in your way?

'Cause there's a time when you're right
And you know you must fight
Who's laughing baby, don't you know
And there's the choice that we make
And this choice you will take
Who's laughin' baby 

What are you fighting for?
When you are right about what you are fighting for - is it still worth the fight?
Once you have decided what choice to make, are you prepared to take that choice and bring it to fruition?  How will you silence your critics?  Just as there are people who are there to support you, there are probably twice as many people rooting for you to fail.  Will you give them the satisfaction?

So just leave me alone
Leave me alone (leave me alone) (leave me alone)
Leave me alone (leave me alone) (leave me alone) (leave me alone)
Leave me alone, stop it!
Just stop doggin' me around

Are you strong enough to tell people to leave you alone?
In professional settings do we have the ability to tell people to leave us alone?  In our personal circles, can we tell people to leave us alone too?  Sometimes you might be conflicted because just when you feel that you want to be alone, you start to miss having people around.  How can we maintain the right balance of contact with people?  How can we create environments that enable us to be the best version of ourselves, without compromising anything else in our lives.




There was a time I used to say girl I need you
But who is sorry now
You really hurt, you used to take and deceive me
Now who is sorry now
You got a way of making me feel so sorry
I found out right away
Don't you come walkin' beggin' I ain't lovin' you
Don't you get in my way

When you have decided to make that choice and either move on to more important things that serve you better, serve you well because it's all about self care really, then that is the totally the best way to go.  I often think about how much longer you are prepared to hold on to what little scraps people throw to you.  I know that I'm not prepared to relinquish what little self respect I have for myself.  We need to remember where we come from and on whose shoulders we have been standing on in order to raise our next generations.  It is too easy to blame our circumstances for our lot in life and to acquiesce when people say we can't do the things we have set out to do, when people say that people who look like I do, can't possibly achieve what I have already proven to be true for so many years.  There is more to me than what your eyes can see.

'Cause there's a time when you're right
And you know you must fight
Who's laughing baby, don't you know
And there's the choice that we make
And this choice you will take
Who's laughin' baby 

People are so hell bent on being right sometimes that they will argue that so much and miss the bigger picture.  You should be able to have a greater sense of discernment.  You should be able to know when people are not really listening to what you have to say.  They can't possibly do what you do.  They cannot possibly fathom that you can achieve what you already have - that the reason you are talking to them is because it has all been predestined.  It is by no accident that you have positioned to where you stand right now.  Have they no greater understanding of what you are like at all?  Don't know they know who your ancestors are?  Who's laughin' baby?

Don't come beggin' me
Don't come beggin'
Don't come lovin' me
Don't come beggin' 
I love you
I don't want it
I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't
Don't come beggin' me
Don't come beggin'
Don't come lovin' me
Don't come beggin' 

I hope that you will know how to deal with people who abuse your trust, make you feel like you aren't worthy of making your own decisions or just living your life.  When you start to decide that believing in your own self worth, valuing your own self identity is something that is worth having, something worth holding on to - then you will begin to realise the real and genuine joy that only you can create, only you are responsible for and choose to emanate.  So if you find yourself having to deal with situations where you are continually pushed into a corner or having to justify yourself because people don't see your worldview that is critically important to the success of everyone involved, for the greater good - then walk away.  When things happen that only you can fix, that only you have the skillset to be able to decipher and make sense - then you can calmly turn around and tell people, leave me alone. . .