Saturday, 8 July 2017

Fall. . .

So what if the rain falls?

Blue likes to drop sometimes, one by one
But I don't mind, no I don't mind
Cause luck is on my side
I feel the drip drop, nonstop, pour on tonight

Are there times when you suddenly feel sad and can't explain why?
There is the public perception that you need to be happy all the time and as much as there is sense in that, there is also some healthy acknowledgement that needs to occur to gain some balance in your life.  We can't hope to appreciate how happiness truly feels if we are not sad or mad first.  Is luck on your side?  Have you thought about how you feel when there are some moments that are tinged with blue?  I think I have friends or people who are tinged with more blue than me.  I don't wait to point it out to them but rather if they would like to talk about the blueness that exists for them, then they are more than welcome to do so.

So what if the rain falls?
Let's find the gold at the end of the rainbow
So what if the rain falls
I'll shower the shimmers of gold

When bad things happen to us or we are faced with challenges, we can choose how we react to it.
We often think that these things happen because we think we are bad people and we deserve it.  There are a whole host of variables that come into play that you maybe cannot control.  Making lemonade out of lemons can always be enhanced with a splash of lime and vodka.  There might even be people who wish the worst for you and revel in you being caught in the rain.  It's funny because I went to visit my late husband recently at the cemetery and got caught in the rain, together with some light hail.  I remember screaming and laughing, rushing to get the flowers put into place.  I smiled as I thought about how even when I was stuck in a seemingly uncomfortable situation, that I was able to stay committed and complete what I had set out to achieve in my mind.  

Blue likes to drop sometimes, all at once
But I don't mind, no I don't mind
Cause luck is on my side
I'm looking at where the man upstairs might live, fall on tonight

What does the man upstairs think about the blue that drops sometimes?
Do you start to blame Him and think that your life would be so much better if there was less blue?  I think we start to feel blue, because we are becoming in tune with what it feels to be aggrieved in some way, to know how loss feels and then to also think about dramatic or drastic changes that bring trauma into our lives.  Is luck on your side?  And if luck is on your side - is it good luck or bad luck?  Sometimes when we think that we are tinged with blue and with bad luck from the same brush, it can be really easy to get into a downward spiral that makes us feel like we're constantly falling.



So what if the sky falls?
We'll build a life right on the cotton clouds
So what if the sky falls?
We'll play hide and seek with the stars

If you start to feel sensations of falling, you can always imagine yourself to be somewhere somewhat elevated.  How high are you willing to go?  People are looking for absolutes in life.  They're looking for guarantees and promises kept.  Sometimes those things never happen or things never pan out the way that you planned.  So what do you do?  Carry on building your dreams in spite of it all.  No matter how many times we get knocked down or knocked back, we shouldn't give up when we get knocked out.  It just means that we have to take some time to recover and regroups, rebuild and reinforce what we have set out to do.  Keep focused on the plan, keep your eyes on the prize and keep on keepin' on.

Let the rain fall, let the sky fall
Let it all fall
Let the rain fall, let the sky fall
Let it all fall

When the rain falls these days, I quickly shrug the initial reaction of it being something that is a nuisance.  Even I laugh at what happens to me inside when the rain falls.   Nobody can see what you see in your mind when your eyes are closed, unless you want them to see it.  When the sky falls is it a good thing or a bad thing?  Surely you would want to be closer to the clouds if the sky fell?  If the rain falls, the sky falls, does this mean that you should fall too?

So what if the rain falls?
Let's find the gold at the end of the rainbow 
So what if the sky falls?
We'll build a life right on the cotton clouds. . . 

I hope that you find your own gold at the end of the rainbow.
We must remember that as much as we can plan for things that we want and people we want to be around, we cannot account for chance.  It's those moments where random things happen (what may seem random at the time) and you have to learn to trust yourself to know, trust yourself how to conduct yourself in situations that may cause you to make bad choices.  Even when we feel that most of the time the sun shines, we need to prepare ourselves about what to do when the rain falls, and instead ask ourselves so what if the rain falls? Let's find the gold at the end of the rainbow . . .