Friday, 28 April 2017

You've got a way. . .

I've gotta say - you really got a way. . . 

You've got a way with me
Somehow you got me to believe
In everything that I could be
I've gotta say - you really got a way

There is something really special about having someone believe in you and someone who believes in the dreams that you have, not for each other, but just for you.  There are so many other people in the world who will spend much of their time trying to convince you that you aren't worthy of making plans and having dreams, but that's only because they haven't had much success with their own plans and dreams. ,so if they come across someone special like you, they can see what it means to be not just a dreamer, but someone who turns their dreams into reality.  If you have someone in your life who speaks life into your dreams and makes you realise that your life is better for having them in it - keep them close.

You've got a way it seems
You gave me faith to find my dreams
You'll never know just what that means
Can't you see, you got a way with me

Can you count the ways in which things that really mean so much, are conveyed to the person who maybe unwittingly doesn't realise that they've had a hand in making your dreams not just plausible - but really possible?  When we lose faith in ourselves and our dreams, it may take us some time to regain our bearings and decide whether we choose to reclaim our dreams.  We have so many decisions to make - whether our plans and dreams will change because we've lost someone who we had planned to make those dreams come true with.  I guess I will never know what it means again in quite the same way, because I will never lose sight of the way you had things with me.  When those moments are over because they cant be relived - it's because we can't recapture time, but we can only live in the memories of what was and the way you had with me.

It's in the way you want me
It's in the way you hold me
The way you show me what love's made of
It's in the way we make love

Have you experienced what it feels like to be really wanted by someone?  To feel what it means to be really held by someone?  You might think you have felt that before, but if it has faded quickly, it probably made you question whether you ever really had it in the first place.  When you are in the throes of those moments of want or desire, of being held and cherished - just enjoy those times.  Sometimes we never really know what love is made of until someone shows us.  Love means different things to different people and I have honestly cherished the various journeys along the way that have made me think, yes, I have come a long way, and despite there being such a long way to go, the way ahead doesn't seem as scary as I first thought.


You've got a way with words
You get me smiling even when it hurts
There's no way to measure what your love is worth
I can't believe the way you get through to me

When there are people who are able to get through to you, who are able to penetrate the veneer or the facade that you feel compelled to construct, hold onto these people.  There will rarely be good quality people who will, in their best of intentions hurt you with the truth, but it is totally necessary.  It is the difference between looking through a window and blaming everyone for your problems and your situation when you should actually be looking at yourself in a mirror and completely examining why the tiredness and fatigue have set in around your eyes, that furrow in your brow, those wrinkles and lines that have appeared thanks to the poor decisions you made that caused those stress lines.

Oh how I adore you
Like no one before you
I love you just the way you are

Who do you adore?
I don't know if that's a word you would necessarily throw around quite freely; when you adore someone.  It's the kind of word I normally associate with Christmas carols *oh come let us adore Him*, and it just seems so old fashioned, who says you adore someone these days anyway?  Has someone adored you?  I think my late husband showed me the real definition of this word when he was alive.  He knew exactly what it meant to make me feel adored.  He had admiration and adoration for me - tried to do anything and everything to make me smile, to make me laugh, to convince me of his love.  Have you ever done that for anyone?  I remember trying to reciprocate the same adoration for him, making efforts to do things and say things that he wanted to hear, that I knew he would appreciate and love.  Come to think of it, he used to say he adored me.  He wrote "I adore you baby" once on a Valentine's Day card.  Hmm.... almost forgot about that.

It's in the way you want me
It's in the way you hold me
The way you show me what love's made of
It's in the way we make love

I hope that you appreciate who you are with.  Do you know and recognise the ways in which they have a way with you?  If they don't know how they mean to you, let them know.  In my experience, life is too short to not let the people you love know that you care about them and want the best with them.  I've recently reconnected with people that I loved very much, shared so many memories with and now I'm looking forward to making more memories with them.  Even though distance, time and circumstances kept us all apart for whatever reasons beyond our control, but I am grateful for new opportunities to grow and develop who I am, who they are and who we will become.  I guess I'm just excited about the prospects of new things in life.  I don't know if it has anything to do with me having a way with them, you, her, him, us.  Who really knows if I even have a way about myself?  Maybe it's just the way you are. . .