Monday, 3 April 2017

Sort of. . .

When you have that sort of, kind of, love. . . 

Baby since you've got the sort of hands to rip me apart
And baby you've got the sort of face to start this old heart
But your eyes are warning me this early morning
That my love's too big for you, my love

Have you ever been in love with someone who just didn't really get why?
Sometimes the little mind games start and you're left wondering why does it have to be this way?
When your love is too big for someone, there could be several reasons for this:
1) They only have enough love for themselves, so don't know how to love you
2) They've never really loved before, so don't know how to love you or
3) They don't know how to love, so wouldn't know how to love you anyway.

Baby you've got the sort of laugh that waters me
And makes me grow tall and strong and proud and flattens me
I find you stunning, but you are running me down
My love's too big for you, my love
My love's too big for you, my love

That duality that exists, when you love someone but they end up hurting you at the same time.
What do you call that sort of, kind of love?  Why do people torture themselves in this way?
Being with that someone, just spending time with them will be enough to brighten your day, and make really challenging or complex situations seem like nothing can get in your way.  Can you be blinded by someone's beauty that your eyes can't hope to see anything else?  If your love is too big for someone, then maybe they don't deserve your love.

And if I was stronger then I would tell you no
And if I was stronger I would leave this show
And if I was stronger then I would up and go
But here I am and here we go again

What does it even mean to be stronger these days?
Doing something that would make you vulnerable and continue to push through it?  Doing something that people wouldn't expect you to do?  Doing something that hurts like hell, but with belief in yourself, it could be the best decision you've ever made?  What are we saying no to?  What show should we be leaving?  If we want to avoid history repeating, what should we be doing?  If you find yourself at this same place again, where do you want to go?  Go again or just go?



Baby you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales
That your sort of mouth just will not say, the truth impales
That you don't need me, but you won't leave me
My love's too big for you, my love
My love's too big for you, my love

When love is full of contradictions, you have to question whether it is in fact love at all.
How do you deal with someone who doesn't need you but doesn't know how to leave you alone either?  What tales can those eyes hope to tell?  Would you even want to listen to those tales?  I sometimes think that there is a time and place for stories.  You might think that stories are a wonderful way to get a message across without having to spell things out or confront some really difficult and challenging topics.  But what if you had to risk the truth impaling you anyway?  Is it worth the risk?  Is it worth what you need it to be?  I guess if you can acknowledge that your love is too big for the other person, but they can't address it, then maybe you should be the one to see that you don't need them, that you should be able to leave and not worry about a damn thing.

Tell me what to do to take away the you?
Take away the you
Take away the you
Take away the you
Take away the you
Take away the you

It's hard to think about taking you away.  Does it mean removing you from the situation completely or just removing your ego from the situation?  It could mean something as simple as taking away all of the things that remind me of you or just point out those things to you so that you can see? I just think it's as easy as just focusing on what you need to do to get through achieving your own goals.  There's no pressure that needs to be applied here - you can do your own things, live your own life, make your own decisions.  I think this is what it takes to be stronger isn't it?

And if I was stronger then I would tell you no (take away the you)
And if I was stronger I would leave this show (take away the you)
And if I was stronger then I would up and go
But here I am and here we go again

I hope that we all find our strength to do what we need to do to make our lives better.
If you find that you can't concentrate on what you need to do, take some time out and refocus.
Listen to yourself and take into account what it is that you need to achieve, what you would like to be able to say that you have done without anybody else's help.  If you are able to survive and withstand any problems that seem to follow you quite doggedly, then you will soon realise that you are a lot stronger than you think, that you will grow beyond what you ever expected for yourself.  This is what I've realised now that I know my love's too big for you my love. . .