Monday, 3 April 2017

Silent. . .

When you're not meant to be silent. . . 

Do you find yourself quietly seething in the corner of a room or in a meeting where it just seems like nobody is listening to you?  You could potentially lash out at people and have some Ally McBeal moments of crazy spill out of you and take you by surprise, or you can just continue to sit quietly and be completely numb.  You could be devoid of any feeling whatsoever, or find other ways to occupy your time.  If you multitask, you probably do that on a regular basis.  Do you think it has something to do with technology and how everything is just so instant, we need constant instant gratification and we've just lost our ability to patient and just let things be naturally and just let things arrive in their own time anymore?

Wake up in a new day but it don't feel that new
Same faces around me with the same point of view
Everything is perfect, everything's ok
Just swallow the lies and let your emotions fade
But my heart won't be quiet, I feel a change

What if the world had no filter?
There is some real rawness that is refreshing coupled with a sense of freedom in just being completely honest about what you think and feel.  We hide behind these facades of perfection and rarely let people in because we want to maintain the idea that we can keep it together, that we are strong and that we are meant to be the strong ones who can't afford to fall apart.  I think the time for that kind of pretence is over.  Lies don't taste that good after a while anymore.  I'm not even talking about big humungous lies, I'm just talking about the kind of lies that you tell yourself when you start to believe the hype people push on you about hiding your skills, hiding your gifts and hiding your talents.  Why should you let your heart be quiet?  I'm sure there are people out there who would love to hear what songs are in your heart :-)

No more black and white

This life's too colourful, beautiful
Don't know what lies ahead but

It takes a special pair of eyes to see the world the way that God made it.  
Even with all of the disasters, crime, wars, pollution - basically all of the unrest and major issues that stop us from truly connecting with each other as a human race - we must be able to see the colours for what they are.  We might have been taught from an early age to discriminate.  Granted we were not born with it, but later we were definitely taught it.  Everybody has.  Some on more extreme levels than others.  We fear what we do not understand and I think the more you are open to trying to understand people who are different to you, who have had different life experiences and speak different languages to you - it is our job to ensure that this life that is too colourful, remains beautiful.  I refuse to remain silent on that.  I refuse to remain silent on people who want me to remain silent.



I'm ready now, it's time (gotta go, gotta get out of this town)
And leave my fear behind (nothing left for me here can't stick around)
My dreams are loud and my heart's wide awake
And all I know is I'm not meant to be silent

What is the purpose of fear?  It is a feeling that is meant to produce two reactions that we get to choose from - fight or flight.  Have you fought for something that was scary but did it anyway?  Have you escaped from something that was scary and did it anyway?  What actions are you prepared to take?  Never stick around where you don't feel good.  Life is too short to feel bad about who you are were always meant to be, who you were born to become, destined to live.  The more you come to know who you are in this world and what you can do, your capabilities that come with your vision for how you want to live your life - what could be better?  How else can you honour your dreams and see them through?

Wake up to a new voice telling me where to go
It sounds like I got no choice but to keep on this road
Got my own opinion, my own words to say
Got my own visions, so I know I can't stay
There's no looking back now, I feel a change

I hope that you learn to trust your voice that speaks and sings from your heart.
The road that you are on may seem like a long one and fraught with danger, but well, that's because it is.  I think we are all in a constant of change, in a constant state of becoming, but it all comes down to the decisions that you make; whether they will ever be brought to fruition, should you choose them to do so.  When you start to recognise that you can no longer apologise for who you are and that what you have to say is important to advance your people and remind society about their obligations to honouring historical connections, then use your opinions, use your words.  Feel the change and own it.  My dreams are loud and my heart's wide awake, And all I know is I'm not meant to be silent. . .