Monday, 3 April 2017

Remedy. . .

I promise I will be your remedy. . . 

I remember all of the things that I thought I wanted to be
So desperate to find a way out of my world and finally breathe
Right before my eyes I saw, my heart it came to life
This ain't easy it's not meant to be
Every story has its scars

I don't know about you, but we constantly go through phases in our lives, like ebbs and flows of the tide.  We will have our good times and bad times.  We will find that when things seem too hard, we feel compelled to throw in the towel and give up.  We might lose sight of all of the dreams, hopes and aspirations that we thought were flights of fancy, that we thought were just little games that we played in our own minds to try and psyche ourselves up to do things that we never thought possible.  We might find that we collect scars along the way when we try to reach for the stars and fall.  Do you find moments in your life to stop and breathe?  I often think that we feel that we take breathing for granted, and then come to find that we haven't really been breathing properly the entire time.

When the pain cuts you deep
When the night keeps you from sleeping
Just look and you will see
That I will be your remedy
When the world seems so cruel
And your heart makes you feel like a fool
I promise that you will see
That I will be, I will be your remedy

Have you ever offered to be someone's remedy?  You might be the one people come to for reassurance, assurance, for peace of mind, because you know exactly what to say to help them on their way; to restore some faith in them when they have lost all belief in themselves.  Sometimes when people have been knocked down so many times and start to believe the barbs that people aim at them, they start to lose confidence and self esteem because acknowledgement from others takes precedence over their own thoughts and feelings.  When we are tired, under constant pressure, not getting enough rest and trying to be all things to all people - it is easy for us to lay ourselves vulnerable to attacks and snide comments.  Remember the awesome, cool and wonderful things that you do that makes the world beautiful.  Your own, and everybody else's.  Don't lose sight of that.



No river is too wide or too deep for me to swim to you
Come whenever I'll be the shelter that won't let the rain come through
Your love, it is my truth
And I will always love you
Love you

Do you have people in your life that you would do anything for?
I like to think that I am able to provide shelter for people from their problems when they need to every now and then.  The exchange of love between people can be measured in actions, deeds that are mutually expressed and if accepted by each other, it is the kind of truth that will see you through difficult times.  If you know that people need to hear how much you love them, make sure that you let them know.

When the pain cuts you deep
When the night keeps you from sleeping
Just look and you will see
That I will be your remedy
When the world seems so cruel
And your heart makes you feel like a fool
I promise that you will see
That I will be, I will be your remedy

I hope that you will feel less like a fool when it comes to love.
When you need someone to be your remedy, never think that you are a burden to them.
Be prepared to open your eyes and see exactly what it is that you need to do in order to be at ease, to feel love and know that it is worth being a fool over, because who cares what you look like to other people anyway right?  The world will continue to be cruel and test you to your limits, but just know that when someone makes a promise to you, trust that they will be there for you.  I promise that you will see, that I will be, I will be your remedy. . .