Thursday, 20 April 2017

Once was love. . .

When you cling to the old, rather than embrace the new. . . 

Don't delay something tells me I gotta go away
Maybe it's the way we always stay when our hearts have gone
We can't hold us anymore, no we've got to fold
Down to the floor, yes I know it's cold but baby, our hearts have gone

We do this to ourselves don't we?
Have you ever held on when you should've let go?  For whatever reasons that we find, to tell ourselves why things are so much harder than they have to be, for whatever excuses we choose to fill our minds so that we can help to avoid the inevitable is quite frankly a waste of time.  We never know when the right time to make significant decisions that will impact the rest of our life, but when is the right time?  When do we realise when it's no longer time to hold, but rather, it's time to fold?  We should know when to cut our losses and think about what we really want in our lives.

Just because there once was love
Don't mean a thing, don't mean a thing
Just because there was once was love
Don't mean a thing, don't mean a thing
Just because there once was love
Don't mean a thing, don't mean a thing
Just because there was once was love

In relationships, those are the times or moments where you work with your partner to discover what things mean something and what things don't.  When do we get to a point when things don't mean a thing anymore?  When do we start losing respect for someone's opinions and start to resent them or see them in some different light that we probably wouldn't go so far as to extinguish their light, but that we could probably move away from their light that blinds you with the noise that comes out of their mouth, doesn't take you into account anymore and that once sweet voice that used to make your knees melt, now makes your knees lock in position so you can't actually escape.  When do we allow ourselves the opportunity to escape when that is obviously the only thing that you should be doing?



I gotta see if I'm filled up when it's only me
It's not your fault but you just can't be there
Now that my heart is gone, now that my heart is gone
Now that my heart is gone

There is nothing wrong with rediscovering yourself and getting to know you.  On your own.  Seriously.  When we rely on others to fill us up, then there is something wrong with you.  Because you stopped valuing who you are, you stopped remembering what made you the person people came to love and adore, but instead you buried yourself so deep within yourself, that you lost yourself.  I remember being somebody different each time I was with a different group of people.  I spent so much time cultivating all of these personas and pleasing people to make them feel better about themselves.  Giving so much to others would make you think that you would leave nothing in the tank for yourself.  I now know that isn't the case for me.  I now know that I have an abundance of this within me, but I just need to be more selective and discerning about who I choose to take from me, especially when I am unwilling to give, or know not to give.

Just because there once was love
Don't mean a thing, don't mean a thing
Just because there was once was love
Don't mean a thing, don't mean a thing
Just because there once was love
Don't mean a thing, don't mean a thing
Just because there was once was love

You would think that the older we get, the more we should know, and the smarter we should come.
Sometimes that is the case, and other times it is definitely not.  When do we stop living the intensity of our lives and then start to succumb to the insanity of it all?  When we do start pushing things around so that we can finally see where we are meant to be, doing what we are meant to do, and being next to who we are meant to be?  When you figure out that things that mattered so much to you, no longer matter, you start to realise your own worth.  You start to realise how much you want more for not only yourself, but for others who are on the same mission as you.

Everyone is hurting now and everything is burning down
I can build back my new town today, today especially now that we know that yes, maybe, that even though we can't know for sure what tomorrow brings, we will remember that yesterday there once was love. . .