Wednesday, 29 March 2017

Water under the bridge. . .

When you're not sure if it's all water under the bridge. . . 

If you're not the one for me
Then I'll come back and bring you to your knees
If you're not the one for me
Why do I hate the idea of being free?
And if I'm not the one for you
You've gotta stop holding me the way you do
Oh when you found that the one for you
Why have we been through what we have been through

How do you figure out how to be when things don't go as planned?  It's more than just being worried about worrying about what other people think of you, people's perceptions shouldn't matter unless subconsciously you're the type of person that wants to be well liked and wants to be popular in that regard.  I guess if you didn't have many friends at school or many friends growing up, you try to seek these friendships and compensate when you are older.  It's human nature right?  Just how things pan out.  I think people secretly hate the idea of being free because they like the idea of being controlled.  I mean they don't say it openly, but they will use any excuse to say that their life is not what it is because they it is easier to blame someone else, or other people who have done you wrong.  It's a bit of a catch 22 I suspect, because even if you weren't able to control your circumstances, it's important to remember that you don't need to be a victim of your circumstances either.

It's so cold out here in your wilderness
I want you to be my keeper
But not if you are so reckless

I think we try to belong to people because it gives us some security, knowing that we are being kept by others who want us to either belong with them or be kept by them.  What do you do when they become reckless then?  If you are in the wilderness it's because you've allowed yourself to be out there and either deep down you enjoy being rescued or you're actually oblivious to the fact that you're out there in the wilderness.  Would you want to be wild out there in the wilderness?  If you are in need of some space and freedom, it might just exactly be what you need.



If you're gonna let me down, let me down gently
Don't pretend that you don't want me
Our love ain't water under the bridge
If you're gonna let me down, let me down gently
Don't pretend that you don't want me
Our love ain't water under the bridge
Say that our love ain't water under the bridge

Have you been let down gently?  I've been privy to conversations where people should've been let down gently but they haven't because people refuse to put other people out of their misery.  Would you want to be let down gently?  It's never being let down, but I guess it's easier and more humane, despite the pain, to be let down at all, rather than not.  At least you would know where you stood and wouldn't waste time thinking that there was water under that bridge when there clearly wasn't.  Why do people need to pretend anyway?  Who stands to gain from all of the pretence and not being completely honest about what it is that they want?

What are you waiting for?
You never seem to make it through the door
And who are you hiding from?
It ain't no life to live like you're on the run
Have I ever asked for much?
The only thing that I want is your love

You can tell a lot about a person by the way they walk and the way they talk.
If they can't seem to make it through the door then what's stopping them from coming through it?
Why do we even wait at all?  I've seen too many people wait (myself included) for signs and conversations that never happened.  Why do we hide ourselves from others?  Why do we run away from facing the battles and wars that we are meant to fight?  Where should we place our trust at the end of the day?  If all we ever want in this world is love, how hard should it actually be before we get to experience the love in our dreams?  I guess if you are brave enough to bite the bullet and do something about what you need to do, you would be a lot braver than me, I can tell you that.  It's not that I don't think I don't deserve love, I just think that lately it's not a priority for me, because I see so many issues with it with those around me, both fact and fiction.  Both real and surreal.  What would you do in order to know for sure?  Has the love gone altogether, disappeared and never to be seen near that bridge again?  Say it ain't so, say that our love ain't water under the bridge. . .