Thursday, 2 March 2017

I see the light. . .

When you see the light, I see the light. . . 

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

There is a huge difference between being an active participant in your life and being an observer.
You might have been blind to things and never knew what reality was because you have people who constantly lie to you, and say things to you to keep you contained, to keep you trapped in a reality of their choosing.  You might not realise that the dangers that lurk beyond the doors are not as dangerous as the dangers that you actually live with.  What does it take for us to be able to see what is happening in our lives?  It's disruption.  When we come face to face with a completely random set of events that force you to make decisions that are far outside of your comfort zone, challenge the beliefs that you have been taught to believe - what do you do?  Are you where you are meant to be?

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

When we are faced with a new reality, especially one that we never thought possible, one that we never knew existed, it suddenly makes the life we have been living, feel completely small, irrelevant and a total waste of time.  But no.  Don't be too hasty to dismiss the self imposed prison that you had inadvertently built for yourself.  You have only been in that prison because you were taught to build one.  What if you suddenly learn new skills?  What if you were taught how to fly, to take a chance and just throw caution to the wind and just learn about yourself as you go?  Can you trust yourself to know if you will land on your feet?  Will there be someone to catch you if you do stumble and fall?Martin Luther King once said, "Take the first step in faith.  You don't need to see the whole staircase, you just need to take the first step."


All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight 
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

Have you known what it feels like to have been someone shining in the starlight for someone else?  Have you know what it feels like to be that someone who makes someone else suddenly know, that because you are there it's crystal clear where they are now meant to go?  It can kind of feel overwhelming at first, because you don't really know how to take it, and you don't know if they are being genuine or not.  That's the thing about feelings.  It forces your brain to try and make sense out of something that sometimes can't be explained, only felt.  Maybe you have been on the receiving end.  Where you have looked at someone shining the starlight, someone who has helped you to suddenly know and see everything crystal clear about where you are meant to go.  It is both exciting and exhilarating if you are able to realise and then confirm, yes, there is nothing more certain than this moment.  It's why moments are important, because it is during those moments of clarity that you are able to see the light.

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see you
Now that I see you

I hope that you know what you need to know once the fog has lifted and what to do when you see the light.  You should relish the fact that when the sky is new, it should bring with it new beginnings for you.  I anticipate new beginnings for me.  I don't know where exactly they will lead or who will be there when I get there, I just know that it's going to happen.  Enjoy the moments that you have to experience leading you to your next destination.  As much as we like to plan and be on time, be on target, to be en pointe, we must also allow for the little detours, the little pitstops, the little excursions that will help to teach you other things about yourself that you must master before you can see the light.  How do I know this?  When everything is different, all at once, I will realise it in an instant and then instantly know what I need to know, and know what I need to do, what I want to do with I see the light. . . especially now that I see you. . .