Thursday, 23 February 2017

It's only natural. . .

Late night musings in the quake city. . . 

Ice will melt, water will boil
You and I can shake off this mortal coil
It's bigger than us
You don't have to worry about it
Ready or not here comes the drop
You feel lucky when you know where you are
You know it's gonna come true
Here in your arms I remember

Having connections with someone stems from a willingness to have a shared experience that creates a bond that cannot be broken.  The only reason such bonds will be broken is because there is some stress that puts pressure on a situation that pushes the connection, test its strength and reveals it to be a mortal coil with all of its foibles that are deeply embedded in individual hearts. When curiosity rears its head, it's usually because you miss things that have become familiar to you both and the sense of peace that seems to pervade all other areas of your life, seems to be because of the joy that comes from acceptance of exploring such curiosity.  As we get older we forget or lose our sense of curiosity.  We get swept up in the busy hectic things that we feel we must do, those pesky obligations that steal your time and keep you tied to that mortal coil.

It's only natural that I should want to 

Be there with you
It's only natural that you should
Feel the same way too

Being natural is much more preferable to me than being normal.
When people talk about making something normal, it's about placing or imposing their own judgement and assessment of what they deem something to be, rather than taking into account what you might see it as.  Do you want to be somewhere else with someone else?  I can think of several dozen people who I would love to spend time with right now, but duty, purpose and life keeps me away from where I would like to go.  I'm not resentful of that either.  I think people need to remember that there is always hope, there is always opportunity to be where you want to be, if you work hard now to make your future happen, when you embrace the architect of your own design.



It's easy when you don't try 
Going on first impressions
Man in a cage has made his confession
You've seen me at my worst
And it won't be the last time I'm down there
I want you to know I feel completely at ease
Read me like a book
That's fallen down between your knees
Please let me have my way with you

I am grateful for people who have seen me at my worst.  Granted there are only a select few who have had the privilege, because I am fiercely protective of myself.  I mean, who else better to protect you, than you right?  There will be a small group of people that you are willing to be vulnerable with and it's important to stay connected with these individuals.  I have friends who say I can read them like a book and it's not because they are easy to read people. but because I can listen to them without really have to comprehend the actual words as such, but definitely by the way that they say the words.

It's circumstantial, it's nothing written in the sky
And we don't even have to try
Shaking like mud, buildings like glass
Sink into the bay they'll be under the rocks again
You don't have to say that you know I'm afraid

The best thing about something about being natural, is that there is no pretence, there is nothing that you need to hide and conceal; you are just able to be completely yourself - whatever that feels like to you.  As we grow older, we become more set in our ways of being and maybe even we consider ourselves to be masters of our domains (yes I use plural because for some of us, our domains are many) and we might need to remember that as much as we think that we know something, there is still so much more to learn about ourselves and others we choose to live life with us and for those who we work with, complete with life challenges and all.
I hope that however life is panning out for you right now, that you trust in the surroundings that are natural to you - whether it's returning to what you have always done and felt like "home" to you or whether you choose to surround yourself with people who appreciate what you natural state is like.  I am fortunate to know people who allow me to be natural, complete with warts and all, an it is with these people that I treasure and cherish.  I always bear in mind, that it's what I feel in my heart and soul that I value and love that gets me through the most difficult times in my life.  It's circumstantial, it's something I was born to; it's only natural, can't help it if I want to. . .