Tuesday, 21 February 2017

I was here. . .

For the times when I want the world to know I was here for a reason. . . 

I want to leave my footprints on the sand of time
Know there was something that, something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets 
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

The introduction of the song seems quite jarring to me, because I'm not sure whether there will be a connection to what is to follow.  Sometimes songs don't need to follow some kind of formulaic existence, but the beauty of its ambiguity can just help to ease people into the song before the weight of the message becomes apparent.  I must say, I wasn't familiar with this song until only a few days ago but I've been playing it on repeat, on a constant loop because there's just something about the weight of the message that makes me feel like the words seep so much into my bones and speaks to my divine purpose.  Have you ever felt that way about a song.  That you sometimes think that you don't necessarily need to comprehend anything but that the song has some kind of energy about it that inhabits your soul.  This is how I feel about this song.

I was here, I lived, I loved, I was here
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave you my mark, my soul, everyone will know, I was here

I think I am becoming a master of my mind.
I am learning to be more in tune with thinking about things that will be able to have maximum impact for others because I understand that I am here to be a conduit for change.  I can often be met with  resistance by others and that's totally fine.  Sometimes people don't have the ears to hear what I'm saying or trying to explain.  They're just not ready.  I think I have eventually been able to do what I have always wanted because it has come to me through destiny.  When I have asked people questions for clarification to understand their position, they aren't able to answer, which leads me to believe that they don't know for sure, what their positions are, but even worse, the positions they hold and maintain, are tenuous at best, ridiculous at worst.

I wanna say I lived each day until I died
You know that I, been something in, somebody's life
The hearts I have touched  will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference and this world will see

When you are in a world where people don't accept you at face value, and even if they do, they don't tend to see past anything else but their own assumptions at their end of their nose, accepting their rejection of you is part of your life learning journey.  I think about things like feeling pain.  Despite it being something hurts, but I have learned to get comfortable in that space, to be aware of my surroundings, trying to understand how I got here and why there are these people around me who feel the same way or not.  Being completely conscious of everything around you is pretty intense because it might be hard to switch everything off.  When people know how to relax and participate in recreational activities, they do so because they choose to prepare for a good time, and surrendering to the joys that will spring forth from that activity.  They set about just feeling good, rather than overthinking about all of the logistical minute details.  I don't want to mean something in somebody's life to be famous.  I would rather serve as a human resource for people to unlock their true selves.  I want to make this difference in the world to make the world better than it is.  I don't need the world to see.  I just need its people to know for themselves how great they can be if they achieve the best of their strengths and abilities, gifts and talents.



I was here, I lived, I loved, I was here
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so that everyone will know

I remember when I was a little kid in church and I'm not exactly sure where we picked this up from, but I remember etching "I was here" on the church pews or etching our names (or someone else's name if we were clever enough, so that they would get in trouble not us!).  This made me think about how we might use our cunning to push other people forward to avoid detection about our true intentions, which in some cases that I have seen, may be less than honourable.  Can you even possibly do everything you ever wanted in this life?  I guess this is why we need to get busy living or get busy dying.  Sometimes the death of someone close to us, can prompt us to live our best lives or immobilise us and keep us in a state of shock that our friends can't free us from.  It is painful to watch sometimes.  When you see people in prisons of their own creation because they can't anything else.  They don't see the greatness that I can see in them.

I just want them to know 
That I gave my all, did my best 
Brought someone some happiness
Left this world a little better just because, I was here

When you are in a position to do your all and give your best - do you give your all and do your best?  I think everyone is smart enough to know when someone works tirelessly, constantly putting others first so that others can experience what they acknowledge could possibly be taken for granted if they're not mindful.  Would you like to think that you give someone happiness?  If you had the power to make someone happy, would you?  So many first world problems are because we can too easily fall into that fickle state of selfishness that leads to self centredness and moving away from being a centred self that can also help others to centre their own selves.  When we are hurt by the world, bruised by its abuse in all of its forms, it is little wonder that we might become self centred and choose to not contribute to anything else for the greater good.  It all comes down to choice doesn't it?

I was here, I lived, I loved, I was here
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so that everyone will know

I hope that you experience the feeling of enjoying something being more or better than you ever thought possible.  What marks do you want to leave behind?  What legacy will you leave for others to continue.  The best contributions to the world are always things or concepts, visions or ideas that help to bring people together, help to celebrate the best that humanity hoped it would achieve for future generations.  I hope you watch this video carefully.  I watched it and cried because it felt like it was easy to feel like you can't make a difference to the tragedies that other people face on the other side of the world and it's easy to feel like helpless when you are so physically far away.  But being helpless means more than being in a weak and vulnerable position like some damsel in distress, in fact I often see that helpless people are those who are actually, actively willing to help. less.  Yes.  Really.  How have we arrived at this point where we help less?  We have a long way to go, but man, if we took the journey together and honestly wanted to do good in this world, we would then be able to not only do everything we wanted, but do more than we ever thought possible.  Imagine that world we could live in together.  Makes you smile doesn't it?

Pure and simple.

I would know why you were here.
And you would know why I was here. . .