Thursday, 26 January 2017

River rise. . .

Recognising that in the stillness, you know what needs to be done. . . 

There was always 
A power I could feel
It was guidance to tell me the way to go
But nowadays I feel like can't hear that voice
I've been flying blind
I need you to come and be my eyes (be my eyes)

Do you think you listen enough to yourself?  Depending on how well you know yourself and what lessons you have learned along the way in your life experiences, how you reacted to all those situations you found yourself in, and what the outcomes were - it says a lot about whether you are able to trust yourself, and trust the guidance that seems to pull you in certain directions.  Do you listen more to the advice of others for reassurance and affirmation of what you should be doing?  To a lesser extent it is a good thing to listen to advice, especially when you seek it, but when you rely too much on others to figure out a pathway ahead, you must seriously look at yourself, take a long hard look in the mirror and see why you've been flying blind all the time.  Why have you lost that inner voice that is uniquely yours?

River Rise
Carry me back home
(I cannot remember the way)
River Rise
Carry me back home
(I surrender today)

I don't know when you will need to have the riser rise and lower itself, as it bends you, bends itself in reaction to the flow of what is happening around you, happening within you.  How do you make it all happen?  Do you let it happen to you?  When we lose our way, forget how we ended up somewhere because we didn't stay focused or chose to make bad decisions because we didn't think things through properly, just hoped for the best and didn't want to deal with consequences at the time, then it's not about we deserve what comes to us, but we may unwittingly attract a situation to us because of the things we have said, the actions we took and the ideas we thought.

I was always
A charmed flower child
I would sit for hours
And listen to the sky

There is something about being out in nature, in a natural environment and listening to what is happening around you.  In our busy lives that can get really hectic sometimes, we lose sight of what is really important, looking at what we need to do in order to be at peace with the chaos we live, the chaos we inherit, the chaos we create and the chaos we are tasked with trying to calm.  When you start to feel like you are losing yourself and don't know exactly how to regain focus, seek higher counsel.  It doesn't matter to me where you seek that, either trust in your decisions, or don't.  Look up once in a while and see where the clouds move, watch how fast or slow they move.  When we only look to check when we move, we never get to see or appreciate what is above us when we should, more often, rather than when we need.



But nowadays I feel like I don't have that choice
I've been looking down in desperation
I need you to be my inspiration yeah
(My inspiration)

I think the reason why we search for a higher being to place our hopes and dreams in, is because when we place those in the hands of people, we become in danger of being disappointed often and frequently, more often and frequently than we would like.  Those moments of humility are lessons in realisation about yourself, why you crave human attention that never really gives you the eternal joy or peace that you're looking for.  It isn't really salvation per se, maybe it is, depending on who you talk to, but when we look down in desperation, we tend to look at our hands, and place our faces there and hold it in our hands, to support the sheer weight of what rolls around in our heads.  We use our hands to support the tears that slip through the cracks of our fingers when we are past caring about anybody seeing the pain escape our eyes.  Have you done that before?  Cried as you walked the streets and didn't care about who saw you.  When you are at your lowest point, even pride leaves you.  Once at rock bottom, the only way is up.  So look up and see the inspiration you need to pick yourself up.

I bow down
And I humble myself
I can't do this 
Lord I need your help
All the material things
They feel like chains
If you're not here beside me
You're the reason I see

I surrender


At the clearest moments in your life, you will know that you have come close to divinity.
When you can feel something so strong in your bones that you know it's so real, even if you can't see it, that's you coming closer to divinity.  It's like fish scales falling from your eyes, you can finally see and appreciate the beauty of all that is around you because you are seeing things as they are meant to be, in all of its perfection.  Almost like a taste of heaven and you might crave that.  When your mind has come into its own and understands why humility is important, that understands why serving others and doing good for people other than yourself, that's the greatest wealth for all, the greatest health for you.  Surrender.

Help me to remember
Only you can show me
(Only you can show me the way)
I surrender 
(I surrender today)
You are the only way
Lord, I need you

It has taken a long time to write this blog post.
This song has been bouncing around in my head for a while and I had to wait until all of the distractions and emotions that were milling around started to settle and brought me some peace.
I hope that you will let your river rise when it needs to the most.  I hope that when you let your river rise, it carries you to places where you need to heal and be at peace with yourself.  Everybody has a past, has made decisions that made them targets, to be easily judged by others.  It is really hard to be less judgemental, to not be judgemental at all.  But there is a difference between being asked to judge something when you are asked for a professional or personal opinion, so we need to get into the habit of not just choosing the words carefully, but explaining the intent that sits behind meaning something that you say and that if it isn't worth saying I wouldn't have said it.  Live and learn right?  See for yourself how you let your own river rise. . .