Saturday, 28 January 2017

If I could. . .

When people aren't equipped to know where you're coming from. . . 

There's no reason for you to lose your mind
Cause I've seen something
That's gonna change our time
If I could, I'd make you understand
If I could, I'd make you understand

You might find yourself surrounded by people who are slowly losing their minds or are going through some difficult times and need your help.  What can we do to support others and make them understand what you see.  We can try and help develop some lenses for them to see through, particularly if they lack the vision to see what you see.  I often think that if people can't see what you see, it's because they are either not meant to see what you see, or you need to keep trying to explain to them how to see what you see.  What could you do, if you wanted to make them understand?

There's no hurry
It's gonna come for sure
Cause I know that someday
We're gonna end our war
If I could, I'd make you understand
If I could, I'd make you understand

What war needs to end?  Maybe it's our own internal battles that we wage within ourselves.  There must be some unspoken process, some unwritten code that people follow, that reveals only to themselves how dejected they are when they go home at the end of the day.  Where they speak to themselves in their minds, in the deep quiet where nobody can hear their thoughts.  It is in that stillness that people fear hearing themselves in their authentic state.  For too long you would've covered yourself, not shown who you really are in front of others, because you want to go with the flow and blend in with the rest of the crowd.  What is it that you could possibly understand for yourself?  Think about what you can do for a change.



Yes I'd stand and if I
If I could I would now
Oh my baby, my baby

What stops us from doing everything that we possibly could?  We might find ourselves sick of being disappointed by those who we have come to rely on.  We can't expect to have people reciprocate what we can do for them, especially if they are unaware of your expectations.  Is this the reason why you would stand if you could?  Think about all of the scenarios where you could have stood, but you didn't.  It may get tiring being the only one standing all the time.  Why don't more people take a stand?  Why do they sit down all the time when they should be standing?  Maybe if we take a look at what we need to stand for, this might lead us to make better decisions about what is worth standing for, who we want to stand alongside and how long or how often we stand, if we could.

And if I could I'd make you understand
If I could, I'd make you understand
There's no reason for you to lose your mind
Cause I've seen something that's gonna change our time

I hope you understand what you need to do in order to stand.
There might be a time when others will withdraw from being in contact with you because they need some space to take a stand for themselves, rather than constantly taking a stand for you.  So don't worry.  There is no reason for you to lose your mind, because your mind belongs to you.  There will be something that will change our time, but it will be up to you to focus on what your contribution will be in order to prepare for this change.  Sometimes we need to remind people that we will be available to them on an 'as and when needed' basis.  Sometimes you just need time to recuperate, recharge your batteries and think about how you want to strengthen your own stance.  If I could I would now. . .