Thursday, 19 January 2017

I just fall in love again. . .

When you can't help yourself and just fall in love again. . . 

Dreamin', I musts be dreamin'
Or am I really lying here with you
Baby, you take me in your arms
And though I'm wide awake, I know my dream is comin' true

If you have fallen in love, then you'll know what it means to know how it makes you feel.
There is a whole mix of emotions that probably can't be articulated or explained to do it justice.  For me, a song has always been the perfect way to encapsulate how love makes you feel.  There is something about this song in particular, in its own gentle way that helps us see how love can make us question if it is really happening and make us wonder if it is real, that you can't believe that you are this happy, even with your love lying next to you.  Those pinch-me moments are sweet and tender and should never be rushed, because you never know when they will happen again, so enjoy them.

And oh I just fall in love again
Just one touch and then it happens every time
There I go by, just fall in love again and when I do
I can't help myself, I fall in love with you

One touch.
It may not seem so significant, but the effect of one touch can make a huge difference to how you feel.  There are physiological effects that happen right?  Like your palms sweating maybe, sweat appearing on your upper lip, the hairs on the back of your neck standing on end, you have trouble breathing, heart beating a mile a minute and then it becomes lodged in your mouth, but then your foot is in your mouth too because you go to say something but nothing comes out.  These are the things that might happen to you when it dawns on you that you have fallen in love again.  How do you get yourself back up after being knocked about like that?  When you've fallen in love again?




Magic, it must be magic
The way I hold you when the night just seems to fly
Easy for you to take me to another star
Heaven is that moment when I look into your eyes

There's no other way to explain it then.  It must be magic.
When you fall in love again, there is nobody else around, just a singular focus on the one you love and how the sun, moon and stars revolves around them.  You might think that if you've fallen in love, that you've had one big love in your life, that you've reached your quota.  I don't think it's true.  I used to think that was true, but I think it's totally up to you to accept whether that is true.  I mean, hypothetically, why should there be a cap on love?  Is there some universal law that says, sorry folks, if you've already experienced love once before, that's it.  Good night and goodbye.  What if love doesn't work out and you fall out of love?  Is that when you have the chance to fall in love again?

And oh I just fall in love again

Just one touch and then it happens every time
There I go by, just fall in love again and when I do
I can't help myself, I fall in love with you

I hope that you fall in love again, and as often as possible.
I'm not talking here about the ability to stay faithful or monogamous in a relationship.  No, I'm not speaking about it in a black or white sense.  What I'm saying is that you must at least experience what it means to be in love in a way that means you just can't help being in love.  I think we overthink love so much that we barely recognise that we have fallen in love before it's too late.  I know it sounds cliche to say that you can't help who you fall in love with, and that love is illogical and makes you do silly things and there is no logical explanation for why people will do anything and everything possible to stay in love once they have fallen in love.  It's like a combination of our actions and our reactions.  Our reactions and inactions.  Our inactions and our conceptions.  So where does this lead us all anyway?  I don't know about you, but I just think we need to be open to love, in all of its glory.  Who knows where it will lead us if we take a chance on it.  Who knows?  Maybe I won't be able to resist.  Maybe I won't know what's in store,  Maybe when I least expect it, I can't help myself, I fall in love with you. . .