Thursday, 15 December 2016

Weary. . .

For those of us who sometimes feel they're living a weary existence in this world. . . 

I'm weary of the ways of the world
Be weary of the ways of the world
I'm weary of the ways of the world

I'm not sure if it's because we're coming to the end of the year, or because I've lost faith in what's going on in the world at large or even in my own little world, but I can definitely say I have become weary of the ways of the world.  What ways of the world are you weary of in your own space?  When you try to make contributions about things that you know you either have a clear unobstructed view or you can just simple 'see' where others cannot - can be an extremely predicament to be in for sure.  It is no wonder that you develop a sense of being weary, or that weariness starts to surface.


I'm gonna look for my body yeah 
I'll be back real soon
I'm gonna look for my body yeah 
I'll be back real soon
I'm gonna look for my body yeah 
I'll be back real soon

Do you know where your body gets to?  Sometimes you might experience some kind of displacement between your mind and your body.  You could be potentially doing some damage to yourself because you are too focused on helping others in the rest of the world, but neglect yourself in the process.  It's ok to take some time out and consider what you want for yourself for a change.  I think when we refuse to acknowledge how weary we can become, we continue to allow others to take us for granted, to continue to abuse us - and they might not even be aware that they are doing this, because they are relying on you to be able to say something, to speak up, to trust that you can say no.

But you know the king is only a man
With flesh and bones he bleeds like you do
He said "where does that leave you"
And do you belong I do, I do

Everybody will come to a place in their lives where they are closer to the search for where they belong.  They will create spaces where they would like to belong, and these spaces could be transition points to escape from places that they don't belong to or wish to move away from, but still need to prepare for the ultimate spaces that they wish to occupy.  What do you do when you bleed and become injured or exposed in that way?  Sometimes we can forget our own humanity, our own fallibility because we only learn to be weary when we have been deceived or mislead over time.  Where does being weary lead you?  Where does being weary leave you?  



Be leery bout your place in the world
You're feeling like you're chasing the world
You're leaving not a trace in the world
But you're facing the world

The time and space that exists between you and the world - whether you choose to engage in it or purely become something insignificant within it, is a decision that you must make on your own.  There will be people that will choose to impose their ideas, values and behaviours onto you.  They will seek to make you an ally through all of their pain because they don't have anybody else to turn to, except for you.  They teach you unintentionally, the ways to chase their world, but once you arrive there you realise it is not a place that you want to be in and so you try to leave them and their world, and try not to leave a trace that you were ever there.  Time for you to return to your own world that you need to face alone, and without them.

I'm gonna look for my glory yeah
I'll be back real soon
I'm gonna look for my glory yeah
I'll be back real soon
I'm gonna look for my glory yeah
I'll be back real soon

Why do we seek glory?  Why do we seek approval and affirmation?  Is it is simple as saying that when we are denied these things growing up, that we choose to use our adult years to create opportunities to afford us acknowledgement of glory when we reach the heights for which we can be finally awarded them?  How satisfying will it finally be to receive the recognition that we craved as children, to gain favour now as adults?  What if you experienced the opposite - where in fact when you were a child, it felt like you could do no wrong, and now as an adult you struggle to emulate the same success that you had back then.  Why do we put ourselves through such pain?  I guess we just need time and space to realise our what actual reality is before we can return to face what is directly in front of us.

But you know the king is only a man

With flesh and bones he bleeds like you do
He said "where does that leave you"
And do you belong I do, I do

I hope that you know that the king is only a man.  We revere so many famous people and other people who we are taught to admire because they are either really successful, really rich, or have so much unlimited power that we aspire to be like them and never can be.  Why should we be those people?  Where does bleeding leave you?   I hope that you know that you have always belonged - even when you think that you don't.

We just need to remember that when people see the power that is within us, they will spend all of their time trying to convince other people in the world that they are worthless.  Stay away from such people.  Nobody has any time for these types of people.  If you want to know if you belong and where that leaves you, just know that we must remember how to survive, remember how to cope with challenges that will constantly follow us, even when all we want is some respite.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, despite it all, we must never forget that after all is said and done, we must always be a little weary. . .