Thursday, 15 December 2016

Confetti. . .

When you need to collect pieces of confetti along the way to get to the end you want in mind!

I gotta keep myself in check sometimes
'Cause I tend to dream real big sometimes
The fancy outfits and the sparkly awards
My name in lights, the people lined up at the doors
But I gotta remember to take it one step at a time

The thing about adulation is that you shouldn't let things get to your head.  I think if you are able to discern and tell the difference between praise and the fake praise that seems to proliferate in the media (almost as much as the level of criticism which is equally as rife), then you are in a better position to ward off situations and people that can threaten to consume you.  The thing about believing your own hype is also another dangerous thing to be aware of and it's also as important to enjoy all the success that you have, but also be mindful about enjoying it too much, in excess, and where that can take you if you aren't careful.

'Cause people seem to think
That you'll be happier once you reach the top
You'll have it all
But I'm living for right now
'Cause what if tomorrow never comes
I'm not waiting, I'm not waiting
For the confetti to fall

There is a perceotion that reaching the top of your game is the only form of real success that we should be striving towards.  But as we know, the more successful you become or at least the pursuit of it, we forget to notice the small goals reached along the way.  The only way to reach our dreams is to celebrate the small successes in steps along the way,  This may even come in the form of little milestones that includes a change of mindset on your part that you never thought you would get to.  Are you living for right now?  If we focus too much on the future, we might never start living at all, so we need to take stock of the days that we are in right now.

I can't just sit around and wait for my life to start
I can make a difference, put a little happiness in someone's heart
The fancy cars, the glitter and the fame
It's all nice, but it won't be worth a thing
Love is bigger, so I'mma stand up for love, yeah

We might often be used to waiting for someone to come along and inspire us to make our lives happen, but we only need to look in the mirror to see that starting our lives begin with the reflection staring back at us with that same uncertainty and blinking eyes of self doubt.  What are some of the things that you are willing to stanf up for?  Is love one of them?  Before you can stand up for love for others, the first person you should stand up for with love is yourself.  I used to think that loving yourself was selfish and something that only self absorbed people did, but boy was I wrong.  I think having self love is the best thing I could have decided to focus on for myself this year.  I haven't focused on the things that benefit me and help me out in the long run for such a long time.  I think this is because my destiny isn't about things for myself alone, but things that will benefit people beyond what I would have ever dared to think possible for it to reach.  It seems quite daunting at times, but the countless ripples that will be caused are too great to ignore.



If there was a rope stretching up to the sky
With all of my dreams at the very top, so high
I get so caught up in everything around me, moving quickly
I forget to cherish every single moment that I receive Oh
I forget about the climb, I just wanna get there
Don't wanna wait in line, even though it's so clear
That I'm called to use patience on this journey that I'm on
I know that I'll come out alive and it'll only make me stronger
Oh oh, while everybody's focused on the hype
Oh oh oh oh, I'll be wondering why we seem to think
You'll be happier, once you reach the top
You'll have it all
But I'm living for right now
'Cause what if tomorrow never comes
I'm not waiting, I'm not waiting no

Are you a patient person?  I think I'm very lucky to have inherited patience from my mother.  She is such a strong woman despite her age, but she has such a work ethic that my brothers and I understand, because we've inherited that from her too.  If you are dealing with issues or problems that make you doubt whether you are on the right track, make you question your decisions and wonder if you need to reconnect with people from your past - you need to ask yourself whether that would make you any happier?  What will make you stronger?  Sometimes we forget that the climb is the most important part to reaching your goal - that you need to focus more on the process of getting from point A to point B rather than just focus on the outcome.

'Cause people seem to think

That you'll be happier once you reach the top
You'll have it all
But I'm living for right now
'Cause what if tomorrow never comes
I'm not waiting, I'm not waiting
For the confetti to fall

I'm not saying that reaching the top isn't a great accomplishment.  I'm just saying that people that think you'll be happier when you get there need to readjust themselves.  We should be striving to have each moment in our lives dripping with happiness, have it so that it smears itself all over each moment that we have.  I think sometimes we can forget to appreciate each and every single moment that we have because we forget what it means to acknowledge how far you've come, where you are heading and what you will do afterwards after the hype dies down.

I'm not waiting to be happy
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Ooh, yeah

I hope that you will choose happiness everyday, even when you struggle to see what you have to be happy about.  Never let anyone take your happiness, steal what is rightfully yours and don't you dare take somebody else's happiness either - because guaranteed, when you least expect it, yours will be taken away in an instant, because that's what karma does - it waits for an opportunity, it doesn't wait for happiness.  I guess karma loves taking away opportunities from those who waste the happiness that they experience so freely or don't freely accept or celebrate because they're on the lookout for the next big high.  I just want to be able to continue to put happiness inside other people's hearts and when they are ready to celebrate, to hand them their own confetti. . .