Monday, 21 November 2016

When you say nothing at all. . .

It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word you can light up the dark
Try as I may I can never explain, what I hear when you don't say a thing

Do you have special connections with people?  I often talk about this with my friends where when we think about each other and we might receive a text from each other at the same time.  I have a friend where when we sing together, we might start off in unison and then decide we might want to change to a harmony part, but then we change at the same time, so we change to another harmony part, but end up singing that the same as well.  We always end in fits of laughter.  Often we will do this while we're driving and just laugh until another good song comes on the radio.  Are there things that you can hear when words aren't spoken?  You could be talking to each other's heart without having to part your lips.  If you have connections like this with people, treasure and cherish them.  They don't come by often.

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
A touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
Now you say it best when you say nothing at all

What can smiles really communicate?  You might think that smiles mean good things - but they can also signal times of discomfort or awkwardness as well.  So how do you know the difference?  Can you read something in someone's eyes?  Will you leave someone, even if they don't want you to?  Do you have a connection so strong that you can read those as well?  It might even be as simple as a touch on a shoulder or a touch on the arm that can offer some reassurance that you might be needing.  Often the most meaningful things can be silence.  You just need to know what to listen for.


All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
Old Mister Webster could never define
What's being said between your heart and mine

There is something to said for secrets or masks that can be worn that hide so mamy hidden truths.  Whether you choose to reveal or hint at those to be shared or not is your business.  What are the messages that you want to tell the world?  I am often surprised with how often people can throw words around so easily without really thinking about what they're really saying.  Do you think about the weight in your words before they escape your lips?  What words can the dictionary never hope to define that you say and share with others - or don't say and share?  I have talked before in a previous blogpost, I can't remember when exactly, about heart songs and the secret language that hearts can share.  It reminds me of Happy Feet and the heart songs that the penguins must find that blend with each other.  There are often heart songs that can be broken and mirrored back to you when you least expect.  You just need to know what to listen for.

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me

There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
A touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
Now you say it best when you say nothing at all

In a world and in a time when it is so easy to be negative, angry and hurt, choose happiness.
Your situation may call for you to be strong and to dig much deeper within yourself than you have ever had to reach, to really suppress what you are truly thinking and feeling.  Why?  Because people are hell bent on gossiping about you or are quite intent on misunderstanding you anyway.  It's what they do best.  It's what helps them sleep better at night.  Sometimes I think, wouldn't the world be a better place if we all practised. from time to time, the most underrated skill of just saying nothing at all. . . .