Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Deja Vu. . .

This blog post is conversation about a memory experienced many times over. . . 

This is insane
All you did was say hello
Speak my name 
Feeling your love
It's like a love I used to know
Long ago
How can this be
You're a different space in time
Come to me
Feel like I'm home in a place I used to know
Long ago

I can't quite put my finger on it, but yet I remember the first time I met you quite distinctly because you remind me of someone I met before or I'm experiencing the same feeling I got from back then.  Is that even possible?  There is something I've read or heard before about how people can connect on a level that transcends time and space, especially when there is a closeness there that means that souls speak to each other where eyes fail to see and recognise.  When you think about love that you used to know, do you have fond memories of them or are they peppered with heartache and sprinkles of painful agony, all twisted together into something that has taken you a lifetime to get over?  Ah those bittersweet ones are always the most difficult to navigate and survive.

They call it deja vu
Could you be the dream that I once knew
Is it you
Deja vu
Could you be the dream that might come true
Shining through
I keep remembering me
Remembering you
Deja vu


A dream I once knew or a dream come true - it depends doesn't it?  Whether you are from my past or my present.  But I guess this is the thing about deja vu, you can never really tell whether it is something that you are reliving from a memory or it's something that is happening in the here and now.  All I know is that I liked who I was when I was with you then. and I'm pretty sure that I like who I am when I am with you now.  Whether that happens to make sense, feel right or look right to others is irrelevant.  It just comes down to whether you want to be part of my past or my here and now.


This is divine
I've been waiting all my life
Filling time
Looking for you
Nights were more than you could know
Long ago
Come to me now
We don't have to dream of love
We know how
Somewhere before it's as if I've loved you so
So long ago

I know this feeling well.  When everything almost seems to be just time that hangs between the moments when I shall see you again and feel this again.  I guess you never really know what you're feeling or waiting for until it finally arrives and then it seems like the planets are aligning and your heart feels like it's about to burst because your capacity to love is overflowing and spills over into everything you touch.  There is also a sense of knowing that comes with unspoken words, because words become unnecessary and obsolete when long ago meets the present day.

Yes it's deja vu
Could you be the dream that I once knew
Is it you
Deja vu
Could you be the dream that might come true
Shining through
I keep remembering me
I keep remembering you
Deja vu

I hope that I will never forget you or forget me.  There aren't very many memories that can become part of the fabric of your mind, that hold significant pride and place in those recesses of your mind where you store how it tastes and feels, so that when you experience deja vu again, you are automatically transported back to that moment in time again or the feelings from that moment are transplanted and relieved now.  Thank you for remembering me.  You're a hard person to forget.  So I keep remembering you. . . deja vu. . .