Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Baby can I hold you . . .

This blog post is dedicated to anyone who has ever been betrayed . . . 

Sorry
Is all that you can't say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like sorry like sorry

I always hate it when people find it hard to say sorry.  I have tried to learn to say sorry if I have offended others as quickly as possible, but that's because I learned how it feels when people haven't said sorry to me when they have offended me.  If you take a step back and take a critical look at what it means to be sorry - was the intent really there?  Why are we sorry?  Do we apologise when we need to?  I've always thought that if you took your time apologising to someone after so many misdeeds have been done, you are well within your rights to not accept it until you're ready.  You could acknowledge it if you like, but accepting it is another story.  Of course there are things that you can't say sorry for because once things are done, you can't undo them.

Forgive me
Is all that you can't say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like forgive me forgive me

When someone has wronged you and wants to apologise to you, how easy will you give your forgiveness?  Words may not come easily because it's words that got in the way in the first place.  Have you had many occasions in your life where people have sought your forgiveness?  Were the things they did particularly bad?  Did they betray you?  What were the grounds for betrayal?  I guess the time factor is a huge thing too, about when the right time is to ask for forgiveness - letting someone have time to process information shared or expecting an answer immediately.



But you can say baby
Baby can I hold you tonight
Maybe if I told you the right words
At the right time you'd be mine

When you hear the second line in the chorus - is it a question or a statement?   Will you allow someone to be close to you again when they have wronged you?  I guess holding someone is easier than saying things that might steer you down the wrong path again.  Would you want to belong to someone else?  What would the right words be?  Sometimes if we hear the right words, they might come at the wrong time, or we might not even believe that the right words would ever come true.

I love you
Is all that you can't say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like I love you I love you

I love you.
Three simple words but they mean so much.  They mean different things to different people.
When people can't tell you how they feel and what's really on their mind, it's mostly because they can't understand how you're going to receive the information and what you will do about it once you know.  People can tell you everything and come clean, but you might not necessarily want to take what they have to say at face value.

But you can say baby
Baby can I hold you tonight
Maybe if I told you the right words
At the right time you'd be mine

I hope that when you find the right words, that you can say them with conviction and without anymore deceit or lies wrapped around them to coat them, to hide and conceal what the reality truly is.  I hope that when things eventually work out to where you want to be, when the dust has settled from the bombs that have been dropped. that you can start to think about yourself for a change and what you need to do in your life.  When pain or betrayal hits you, there will be some healing that needs to take place and deciding for yourself how you will live out the rest of your life, or at least know what direction you are going to take things.  When you thought maybe if I told you the right words, you should have thought about the impact of those words and what it means for what's to come. . .