Sunday, 27 November 2016

A life that's good. . .

This blog post is for everyone who wants to live a good life. . . 

Sitting here tonight by the fire light
It reminds me I already have more than I should
I don't need a thing, no one to know my name
At the end of the day Lord I pray
I have a life that's good

The way the world is geared, it forces people to think that they need more things, better things, faster things.  These are just things after all.  Being materialistic and having lists of items that you are meant to strive to achieve, will pale in comparison to having a life that's good.  So if fame isn't something that one should seek (or just seek above everything else, before anything else), what would make your life good?  You can't expect to have more things, better things or faster things in your life if you don't first appreciate the current goodness in your life.

Two arms around me, heaven to ground me
And a family that always calls me home
Four wheels to get there, enough love to share
And a sweet sweet sweet song
At the end of the day of the day Lord I pray
I have a life that's good

Even though I don't see my loved ones often, I know that I will always feel their two arms around me.  Even those who have left this life, in my darkest times, I find comfort in their words they said to uplift me.  I guess this is how heaven chooses to ground me; to keep me focused on the life that I have being a good life, despite not having them in it.  Do you have a family that calls you home?  You might want to start a family of your own but not quite know how to do that.  Just put it out there and see what happens.  As long as you're grateful for what you have, maybe some more good people, more good things will come your way.  It's nice to hope you know.  It's one of the biggest gifts we can honour ourselves and others.


Sometimes I'm hard on me when dreams don't come easy
I want to look back and say I did all that I could
Yeah at the end of the day Lord I pray
I have a life that's good

I can't remember how many songs I've blogged about that have dreams in them.  I'm probably subconsciously a real dreamer but don't come across one to others when I am awake.  What do you do when your dreams don't come easy?  I actually like it when dreams are hard to come by, because it means that I have to work hard to make them come true.  I can't think of anything more satisfying than realising a dream and bringing it to fruition, to add value to my life and that it was ok that I was hard on myself.  I can handle other people being hard on me, especially if it's to do with my dreams, because I know they have been placed in my life for that divine purpose.  

Two arms around me, heaven to ground me
And a family that always calls me home
Four wheels to get there, enough love to share
And a sweet sweet sweet song
At the end of the day of the day Lord I pray
I have a life that's good

Lately the four wheels that have been getting me places have been attached to a plane.  I think this is a sign of things to come in my future.  Even if I tried to run away from my destiny, I couldn't.  There are things that God has in store for me that utilises to full effect all of the capacity and capabilities that I have learned and mastered over the years.  In saying that, I am still looking forward to continuing to learn more about myself, about others and how sharing enough love will not only make a sweet sweet sweet song, but also remember and cherish the fact that yeah at the end of the day, Lord I pray, I have a life that's good. . .