Thursday, 13 October 2016

Have I told you lately. . .

Do you tell people how they make you feel?
I sometimes think we don't do that often enough because we focus too much on other things that steal our time.  It's important to let people know how much they mean to you, what it means to have them in your life and how much better life is because they're in it.  Are you guilty of that?  I'm not sure whether I'm becoming more aware of mortality (well, more than one can be when they're not also being aware of other things that seem to be more pressing in one's life).

Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do

Do you know someone who fills your heart with gladness?  I'm not talking about the type of gladness that means your heart has to be bursting at the seams with such fullness that it can't possibly contain the gladness (that's waaaay too much gladness, you could die from that).  Do you know someone that takes away all your sadness?  I would like to think that there is enough sadness that can be taken away so that you can continue to function from day to day, that when you need to feel sad about something, that when that person goes to take it away, understands that you need to hold onto a little bit of it, so you can be sad when you need to be.  I'm not talking overwhelmingly sad where you can't get out of bad or become so lost in your own despair that you wouldn't recognise gladness if it smacked you in the face.  I guess it's about balance.  It's ok to feel glad and sad.  Sometimes you might feel them at the exact same time for completely different reasons. No?  Maybe that's just me.

For the morning sun in all its glory
Greets the day with hope and comfort too
You fill my life with laughter
And somehow you make it better
Ease my troubles that's what you do

Musically, I like the way in which the instruments fit themselves around the lead vocal so that it feels as if they are there to provide harmonic support to the melody.  I think we should be spending more time with people who fill our lives with laughter, know all of the best jokes and stories that make you laugh so hard that you're slapping your thighs, clapping to yourself or high-fiving others around you, interspersed with hoots and yelling because you're gasping for air from laughing so hard.  Do you know people who make your life better?  Those are the types of people that you want to have around you, cheering you on in whatever you do and help you to live a better life, the kind of life you'd be proud and happy to wake up to.  When you wake up to yourself, you should literally be waking up to a life that you have always dreamed of leading.


There's a love that's divine
And it's yours and mine like the sun
And at the end of the day
We should give thanks and pray
To the one, to the one

What would a love divine feel like?  Something not of this world that can be explained because it's not worldly?  A love divine so hot and intense like the sun that you can't look directly into it with your human eyes for fear of damage and permanent scarring from even considering beholding such divine love.  When the sun sets at the end of the day, you can think about and reflect on how that divine love for yourself, for another, for others, can help you appreciate what you have, who you have and where you have received said divine love.  Even if you can't see a divine love that is meant to be yours right now, there is definitely one in store - just never give up hope.

Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do

So I guess this is something that I will be working on; telling people how much they mean to me because there will never be any opportune moments in life other than the real conversations that you will choose to have.

Thank you for filling my heart with gladness, for taking away my sadness. filling my life with laughter and making it all better.  But more than all of these, you ease my troubles that's what you do. . .