Saturday, 15 October 2016

Glory of love. . .

I swear I was so obsessed with this movie when it was released in 1987.  I was at the pre teen or tween phase where you kind of realised the chemistry that existed between boys and girls, but you put it down to nervous energy and what you learned from older cousins or siblings from watching them go through the growing pains of relationships (which you couldn't possibly avoid, especially if you were the messenger passing notes).

Tonight it's very clear
'Cause we're both lying here
There's so many things I wanna say
I will always love you
I would never leave you alone

Have you had that feeling?  There are so many things that you want to say but you don't think you should say them or don't know how to put things into the right words.  In some instances, it might be that you spend too much time trying to find the right words, and it sounds perfect in your head, but when it comes out, it isn't received well or the execution and delivery leaves the listener wanting.  When words fail, will actions suffice?  You might come across people who don't know how to put things into the words that you want to hear, but they show through their actions that they don't intend to leave you alone.  In fact, they might not be able to live a complete life without you.

Sometimes I just forget
Say things I might regret
It breaks my heart to see you crying
I don't wanna lose you
I could never make it alone

Has anyone told you that they've been afraid to lose you?  That might seem like a totally cliche line from the rom-coms that you see on date nights with a reluctant partner, but nonetheless, the line exists.  When people regret things they have said, it is almost always because what they said was not thought through, niggling doubts surfaced that are said in the heat of the moment, said to hurt when they lash out when you have hurt them first.  I hate it when this happens - when there are misunderstandings - for things such as, well, like if they hate you talking to other people because they assume you have an affinity with; in some crazy way you show more loyalty and love to them instead.  It can be challenging and a painstaking process to prove to someone that you won't want to be lost by them.  But I guess it's on them to trust you right?  To be fair, you might want to either reassure or give them no excuse to question your loyalty and love.  I just hope that there is reciprocity in that.


I am a man who will fight for your honor
I'll be the hero you're dreaming of
We'll live forever
Knowing together
That we did it all for the glory of love

Has anyone fought for your honour?  Where they think so highly of you, value you so much that they are willing to put themselves out there on a limb for you, so that they can protect you?  They would rather put themselves at risk than to see you suffer.  You might not come across many people who want to be your hero, to be your champion.  They might try and fail, or try to take it on but then quickly realise that they're not quite ready so back out, or sheepishly find that you never needed someone to fight for your honour at all, you just wanted someone to be there.

You keep me standing tall
You help me through it all
I'm always strong when you're beside me
I have always needed you
I could never make it alone

When you speak life into people, they want to have you around for a long time, as long as they think that they need you.  When you are beside someone, it means that you are neither in front of them with all of the answers, nor behind them, trailing behind happy to be lead by them, to follow their path.  I guess this is what holding hands with someone is meant to be.  Someone asked me once if I held hands with Loma, and at the time I thought that was a strange question.  Upon reflection, I was able to recall all of the time that we held hands and how we felt during those times.  There is safety and a sense of peace that can come upon you when you hold hands with someone that you trust and that you know loves you unconditionally, someone that you know will fight for your honour.

It's like a knight in shining armor
From a long time ago
Just in time I will save the day
Take you to my castle far away

There is something to be said for having knights in shining armour appear in your life.  There will be people that happen across your life and save you from situations (maybe even yourself) when you least expected it, when you least recognised that you in fact, needed saving.  Have you had many knights take you to their castles?  I think about how some knights want to share new experiences and places with you.  They tell you that there are things that they want to be able to do with you, because they want to share beautiful moments with you - this is what the glory of love is all about it isn't it?  When someone shows you all of the things that you have kept hidden locked away in your heart, and they come along and show you the magnificence and great beauty that is love.  I hope that you will be able to find that special someone and one day say, we did it all for love. . .