Monday, 24 October 2016

Cupid. . .

This blog post is dedicated to anyone who loves from afar; you know who you are :-)


Cupid draw back your bow
And let your arrow flow
Straight to my lover's heart for me
Nobody but me
Cupid please hear my cry
And let your arrow fly
Straight to my lover's heart for me

For as long as I can remember, I've been surrounded by love stories growing up that talk about one's true love and fairytales that show girls that they need to suffer through immense drama and conflict in order to be rescued by their prince.  Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't.  Who do you rely on to help you find your love?  Maybe you've had your eye on somebody but you just can't get it together to make anything happen?  For whatever reason why there's no traction in that space, we might rely on the divine or at least some divine inspiration to make it happen - whether through some form of magic, gigantic wish or reward for a good deed done.

I don't want to bother you but I'm in distress
There's danger of me losing all my happiness
I love a man who doesn't know I exist
And this you can fix

If you are a follower of fairytales and folk stories of lore, then you know that finding love or the pursuit of it is not an easy one.  There are many trade offs that come with the package with just as many obstacles.  And don't forget, timing is also everything.  The most frustrating thing in the pursuit of love when you enlist Cupid's services is often the comedy of errors that he almost seems to delight in when you are trying to make plans to get things off the ground.  Be prepared for the unexpected! 


Cupid draw back your bow
And let your arrow flow
Straight to my lover's heart for me
Nobody but me
Cupid please hear my cry
And let your arrow fly
Straight to my lover's heart for me

When Cupid's arrow flows straight to your lover's heart, the intention is for him to love you and only you.  But what if the arrow fills the heart with so much love that it prompts him to love more people other than you?  Are you ready for a polyamorous relationship?  Are you ready to join his harem of women?  Are you just overthinking things that aren't even happening?  Possibly yes. . . 

Now if your arrow makes his love strong for me
I swear I'm gonna love him 'til eternity 
I know between the both of us, his heart we can steal
Cupid help me if you will

Even if you could get Cupid to help you, to aid you in your quest for him to fall in love with you, it would only happen if he had a predisposition to caring for you in the first place - but never said anything before.  There is always something amusing about being in cahoots with someone and having secret plans,  It implies that there is a closeness there or a loyalty of a bond that has a shared goal, because well, that's what Cupid is supposed to do right?  Go around helping people in need of his magic arrows.  Will Cupid's aim of his arrow be as true as your love for him? 

Yeah Cupid
Oh Cupid
Mm mm Cupid. . . 

Whatever happens, I just hope that you always have the capacity and capability to love, because even when we least expect it, Cupid isn't too far away. . .