Saturday, 10 September 2016

Learn to live with what you are. . .

I know that you're in there
I can see you
You're saying you're ok
I don't believe you

There will be times in your life when you choose to retreat from the outside world and instead focus on self healing or spending time on yourself; reacquainting yourself with things that you had overlooked or left behind or neglected. There will also be times when people choose to pry and in the efforts of trying to help you out, will inadvertently push you away. How do you cope with situations such as these? Whether we care about what other people think about us or joy will dictate or shape how we react to these situations.

And now that the gig is off
The spell is broken
The fat lady sung
The president has spoken

In those rare moments of clarity, we may have reached those milestones because we come to realise what it is that we really want in life, we understand upon deep and meaningful reflection what our priorities are and how we choose to move forward. I think period of change or readjustment can be difficult and challenging, but if handled well, can help you know yourself much better and add to your character building, rather than facade or persona building. The thing about when a spell is broken is that the magic wears off and you start to see your surroundings and choices for what they really are. I guess that helps you to learn to live with what you are. . .

These days that you were waiting for
Will come and go
Like any day
Just another day

When you live life in anticipation of something happening, you will most likely spend your time looking forward to that event. You might not know what the event is, because you're relying on the fact that you'll know what it is once it happens.  When those times come and go, will you save that event in your memory? Will you remember it fondly with your treasure archive of memories that you will replay in the comfort of your own mind, or will they be bittersweet memories that cause both pain and pleasure? If your life is a collection of days that turn into years, they will become a blur unless memories are brought out of that archive and celebrated throughly reminiscing moments with those people you shared them with.



There's never gonna be a moment of truth for you
While the world is watching
All you need is the thing you've forgotten
And that's to learn to live with what you are

Why are moments of truth so elusive? I think it's due mostly to the fact that we are scared to be honest with ourselves and face reality, so we won't let those moments see the light of day in the world. We do this because we know that the world is watching. We would be ignorant and in denial if we thought that we could hide things from the world. What is your truth anyway? Why is living in the truth so important? I guess because it's easy to be fake or artificial. It is extremely easy to pretend to be someone you're not and try to reinvent yourself and try to be accepted if not by others, then definitely for yourself. I think about what things I have forgotten and I already know what they are. I just need to remember what a wise person once told me to bear in mind; to learn to live with what you are. . .

So freak out if you wanna
And I'll still be here
Don't call me for years and when you do
Yeah, I'll still be here

What have you done when people have tried to push you away? I guess that sense of loyalty is different these days. You think about that code of honour where you treated people the way you wanted to be treated and if you could help others, you would. There will be people I haven't spoken to in years, where we have fallen out for reasons that hurt but they will start to resurface because they will need something from you again and it's to do with something that only you can help with. I have learned to stop being resentful of this and instead help where I can. This offer of assistance says more about my character than theirs but that's not why I do it. If I am blessed with gifts and talents, I have an obligation to share them, otherwise they will be taken away. Use it or lose it I suppose.

I'm not saying the effort is a waste of time - but I 
Just love you for the things you couldn't change
Though you've tried
These hours of confusion they will soon expire
Like everything does

To those of you who have sought help for anything and chosen not to take the advice; there is no ill will for choosing not to take it on board. I mean, we should all be custodians of our own lives and seek advice where required, but ultimately, we will make decisions that either make us or break us.
In the past I might have blamed people or situations for anything bad that happened to me, but I understand now that those times were fueled by my immaturity and arrogance - traits that I seek daily to put at a safe distance as I continue to navigate through my own life with people I am tasked with doing life with in this realm.

Sometimes everything you've ever wanted 
Floats above
He's sticking his tongue out and laughing
While everything anyone can ever need
Is down below
Waiting for you to know this

Whatever God has in store for me, I don't question or rage against.
Everything has a time and a place, everyone has a dime and a face, at the end of it all what will be left without a trace? In the worst of life, we will blame others for our poor decision making, but I challenge you - as I challenge myself daily - if I want the best out of my life, I need to hustle and make things happen if I want it bad enough. Because at the end of the day, you've got to learn to live with what you are. . .