Saturday, 3 September 2016

He heals me . . .

I told him my biggest secret and he told me four
He smiled at me and said that's what makes me love you more
And then he made me laugh and I knew it was a sign
That he was a man I wanted in my life
And with every passing day
I feel more and more of that way

Sharing secrets with others aren't easy.  Doing such a thing is fraught with so many questions.  What if he can't keep a secret?  What if the secrets he shared with me are all lies?  What if he tells someone?  Trust is an important aspect of any connection and cultivating it takes time, patience and an emphasis on understanding.  What can take considerable time to develop, can just take seconds to be dismissed.  I am grateful for the opportunities that I have had to be close to people where we have fostered mutual respect and invested time and energy in such connections.  Do you know for sure what people you want in your life?  Do they know how much you mean to them?  Sometimes it might be hard to articulate your feelings, so in the absence of knowing what exactly to do, you rely on silence until something happens to trigger some kind of action.  You just don't know what action is required yet. . .

 I can play him songs all through the night
And he will listen to every line
Even when I'm wrong he is still kind
He chooses his words wisely when he tells me I'm not right
And yes he's a beautiful man
But he's also a beautiful friend

Music has always been the biggest way for me to communicate with people, always will be.  It's the best for me to reconnect with myself as well and I consider it really special when you share music with people.  The most intimate moments can come from sharing sound together just as you would share physical space.  There are some places where sound can travel and penetrate much deeper than skin can go, because it goes beneath those layers of skin and can flow through our souls and it can heighten the energies around us, as well as the energy we can exchange with that flow.


The moment that we met, he made me smile
He has so much compassion in his eyes
I have no idea, how long he'll be here
A season or a lifetime, forever or a year
But for the first time in my life I'm not worried about the future
Because we have such a wonderful time when we're together
However things turn out, it's all right
Cause he's already changed my life

I have learned that it doesn't matter how long people come and go in your life, it's what you enjoy with each other, with whatever time you have with them.  I think I carry pieces of people with me wherever I go and that's a comfort to me, particularly when I no longer have contact with those people - either because we no longer need to connect, because we have outgrown each other, because what we had together has served its purpose.  For whatever reason, I will choose to remember what was good, and not dwell on differences or disputes that were necessary to reach their natural endpoints.  In fact, I will always remember quite fondly, what was shared, what needed to pass and where I am right now.   All of those experiences with people help to direct you to new directions and new pathways that will present even more people to help you on your way.

He heals me
He knows the real me
And he accepts me, he never hurts me
He knows me
He knows the real me
And he accepts me, he never hurts me
He heals me
He heals me. . . 

I hope that I will continue to spend more time with people who heal me, know the real me, accept me and never hurt me.  I don't think people who can know the real you and accept you, ever intend to deliberately hurt you.  But what do you do if they do hurt you?  Can you tell them how they have hurt you and what it means for when that happens?  Do you check whether they were being honest or being deliberately cruel?  There is no right way of going about these things, but to just trust in the power of healing, whether that comes from within first, or whether you can rely on him wanting to know that maybe after all he heals me. . .