Friday, 16 September 2016

For all we know. . .

When I write my blog posts, the speed at which they are published depends wholly on how I'm feeling at any given time.  If I'm feeling especially connected to an issue or experienced something that won't let go, or I've been put in a situation about someone else's issue, I will channel it into writing about it so that I can let it go, so that I can release it in a healthy and meaningful way.  Once I've released it, I am able to go on with my ordinary daily activities that otherwise would be conducted on autopilot with very little attention being paid to people and things, and that's not a cool thing.  People and things needs us to be in the present with them as much as possible.  We need to remember that sometimes.


Love, look at the two of us
Strangers in many ways
We've got a lifetime to share
So much to say and as we go from day to day
I'll feel you close to me
But time alone will tell
Let's take a lifetime to say
I knew you well
For only time will tell us so
And love may grow for all we know

When we think about love we often don't really think about, but instead think about people who have loved us, or people we have loved.  In relationships we can often forget that there are people involved, and tend to focus on what we want from them as some sort of validation of existence, when in actual fact, we couldn't be further that what's right in front of us.  Have you ever been accused of being in love with love, rather than being in love with someone?  Who gets to decide where love grows these days?  Would you want to spend your lifetime trying to figure out whether love intends to take your whole lifetime to grow?  It's almost like it's on an asynchronous schedule.

Love look at the two of us
Strangers in many ways
Let's take a lifetime to say
I knew you well
For only time will tell us so
And love may grow for all we know. . . 

I hope so much for people sometimes.  For my friends and family and what it is that they want for themselves.  I hope so much for people I've just met and strangers who exchange fleeting smiles with me on my travels and probably don't have someone to talk to as well.  What will time tell us?  How will we know when love may grow?  I think if I had a conversation with Love, I would probably say that he's got a great sense of humour and is scared to hang out sometimes.  But that's ok.  There were times when I did feel like like I knew him well and I look forward to the day he decides to hang out with me for the right reasons and at the right time again.  Who knows - love may grow for all we know. . .  including you and me. . .