Thursday, 22 September 2016

Don't wait. . .

This blog post is dedicated to Sieni Voorwinden - keep doing you, because we wait for nothing!

Old friend indeed, come build me up
Come shed your life, it makes me shine
You get the messages, don't you ever forget it
Let's laugh and cry until we die!

I've been spending time with old friends and new friends (made a few this year, one as recent as yesterday too!) and thinking a lot about what it is that I can offer as a friend to people.  I am a huge fan of believing in people and having them live to their potential. to realise their greatest aspirations for themselves, so that they can see what I see when I look at them.  More often than not, I'm met with incredulous expressions and questions of "really?  you really think that about me?" which is the usual catch cry from my friends who lack the self confidence to believe in themselves.  I guess this is why they appear in my life, because I can help move them along to help never forget how truly awesome they are.  I can't imagine anything more satisfying than to be able to laugh and cry with people who share my vision for life, and we just do life together.

If it wasn't for you, I'd be alone
If it wasn't for you, I'd be on my own
Don't wait til I do wrong
Don't wait til I put up a fight
You won my heart without a question
Don't wait for life!

There have always been people that have been there for me in really difficult situations.  When you thought that there was nobody that could understand what you're going through, the universe sends someone to help you at that most opportune moment to help push you, motivate you to snap out of some funky situations that you find yourself trapped in.  We allow certain people through the chinks in our armour, for whatever reasons we see fit, and it can be based on them proving their loyalty to us, proving how much they matter to us, so a level of reciprocity is introduced.  Have you let down your friends?  Real friends will forgive you for stupid things and will still forgive you when you have  extreme errors in judgement, but it will take for things to get back to an easy going flow, but when the dust settles, everything will be as it is meant to be.

Hey I care for you, I talk to you in my deepest dreams, unfortunate
We've got a friendship, no one can contest it, 
And not to mention, I respect you with my all!


You can always rely on your real friends to be well, real with you.  The more you get to know your friends, with the depth of your friendship, you should be able to talk about anything and be honest to the point of catching those hurt feelings, but that's a good thing.  If you can openly discuss things rather than avoid them, that's a sure sign that the friendship is solid and can withstand anything that comes its way and threatens to break the bond.  How have you dealt with difficult situations?  Have you struggled to figure out the right things to say because you didn't want to ruin the friendship?  Sometimes we need to break things so that we can put things back together.  Sometimes we try to be  careful that we spend far too much time trying to avoid breaking, but I guess without it - we can't get to a common ground of respect.


Not a thing in the world could get between what we share
No matter where you at, no worry I'll be there
No one's got your back like I do
Even when the business not going well, we still do
When I shine, you shine no ways on your side
All my life you have what's mine
Mark my word, we gon' be alright
My brother, my sister we gon' be just fine

Do you have different connections with different people? Do you find that your other groups of friends find it strange that you hang out with other groups of friends who they believe you can't connect with, but more importantly they can't connect with?  I really enjoy having connections with different people, because my personality has different layers to it, depending on how the other person is, I am constantly responsive, and exploring facets of the human spirit with them.  How else are we meant to connect in this realm but through conversation, meeting of the minds and sharing of the love for humanity that seems to be sorely lacking these days.

Hey, if it wasn't for you, I'd be alone
Hey, if it wasn't for you, I'd be on my own
Don't wait til I do wrong
Don't wait til I put up a fight
You won my heart without a question
Don't wait for life. . . 

So to my friend Sieni, there are more chapters to your story.
There is something that I find comforting in the unknown because the possibilities are endless.  Just because we can't see what's coming, doesn't mean that nothing is on its way - because it totally is.

I hope that all my friends are happy in their walks of life.  And even if they aren't happy, search for the happiness within yourselves by reconnecting with happy times from your past, capture the euphoria of what that looked like, heck, even bottle it up so that you can carry it around with you, then drink it from time to time.  We must keep moving ahead, don't wait.  But I guess if we do have to wait, the time will pass if I'm waiting with you. . .