Tuesday, 23 August 2016

We could happen. . .

I'll hold the door, please come in
And just sit here for a while
This is my way of telling you
I need you in my life

When people do nice things for you that you don't expect, it can be a sure sign that they like having you around in their life.  They may not necessarily have the words to say how much you mean to them so they say it with actions or gestures both seemingly tiny or grand.  It's a matter of perspective and scale isn't it?  Sometimes we forget to appreciate those who make a difference and an impact in your life.  Would you go so far as to set reminders for yourself somewhere so that you can schedule in time or moments to telling someone you need them?  Sounds clinical, but probably necessary, especially if we spend too much time thinking about it, then convincing ourselves not to take action.

It's so cold without your touch
I've been dreaming way too much
Can we just
Turn this into reality

There's nothing wrong with dreaming.  I think it's quite natural to dream and lose yourself in some other world of your own fanciful creation that is both safe and far away from others.  It's safe in the sense that nobody can cause it any harm or laugh at you while you're lose yourself in this world.  There might come a time when you will want to turn your dreams into reality but you won't know what to do to go about it, so it's something that you need to either consider seriously or brush aside.

'Cause I've been thinking about you lately
Maybe you could save me
From this crazy world we live in
And I know we could happen
'Cause you know that I've been feeling you

That moment when it dawns on you that there are major feelings happening can be exciting and exhilarating.  That honeymoon period in what is actually courtship but you can't really tell because nobody wants to address the elephant in the room or call it for what it is - can be a confusing time because nothing rises to the surface.  Are all of the sentiments just ideas that float around in your head, meant to entertain you rather than to be acted upon?  How do you let someone know that you're feeling them and that you suspect they're feeling you too?  Nothing is as straight as it seems, but then again, that could just be you overthinking things again.



Storms they will come
But I know that the sun will shine again
He's my friend and he says
That we belong together
And I'll sing a song to break the ice
Just a smile from you would suffice
It's not me being nice
Girl this is real tonight

Smiles are easy to share and seem so simple, but I don't think we do it enough.  I've been practising smiling at strangers in my work travels and especially when meeting new people.  There's something to be said for being able to read and appreciate genuine smiles these days.  I'm finding that people are scared to smile because it almost seems like it's giving away too much, like you're showing too much of your humanity or feeling good about yourself through an audacious display of your pearly whites.  Singing is another thing that people are too scared to do these days too.  Granted there are people who are naturally gifted and talented in singing, but I have come to appreciate people who sing with gusto and belt out songs with such enthusiasm, even when they are melodically challenged.  That's not me being nice, just being real.

There's no other 
There's no other love 
That I'd rather have you know
There ain't noone
There ain't noone else
I want you for myself

Do you know someone like this in your life?  They may want you to have some kind of single-minded loyalty that only features them in a starring role, with no possibility of any supporting actors, I mean, no ensemble casts welcome here.  The bridge of a song usually explores more heartfelt emotions because the melody is different, it helps to heighten the tension in the song that is eventually resolved in the final choruses to follow.  Maybe they would only rather have you because you make everything make sense to them.  I guess it's natural then that they wouldn't want to share you then.

'Cause I've been thinking about you lately
Maybe you could save me
From this crazy world we live in
And I know we could happen
'Cause you know that I've been feeling you
I know you want me too. . . 

I hope that you are able to save someone, or be saved by someone.
As crazy as this world can get right now (where do we start with all of the tragedies that feature on the nightly news, both in your own nation locally and globally), we must never lose sight of simple things that can bring us joy.  Surround yourself with people who make you smile, with people who make you sing, make you heart sing.  Just think about how much better the world would be if we were able to love the possibility, the anticipation of things happening that we want.  I will be happy enjoying and celebrating what could be; knowing that there are many more opportunities to know that we could happen. . .