Thursday, 25 August 2016

Purple. . .

Purpose, conceived, Genesis decided to make me
Handmade in heaven
Long before the world could define me
He laid out a parchment 
Sketched me with the colours of the rainbow
But one remains

In times of crisis you will often question what your purpose is on earth.  You feel like life can't cut you a break and you're constantly on the back foot.  Even when you try to do something good, it feels like you're never recognised for what you do, and the quiet way that you go about how you present yourself.  It might take someone to come along to speak about your feats and say lovely things about you, because people lack the vision to see what you do, or the hearing to listen to how you have accomplished so much.  I am a strong believer in the fact that people will recognise your achievements if they are meant to see it, even with the assistance of people who can advocate on your behalf.  How do we find our voices to speak up and out about who we are?  How can we begin to understand and see our purpose for what it is when we are unable to recognise who we are, yet continually to wait for validation from others?  We will come to understand our purpose when it is time to put that purpose to action.

Royal encounter marked with the blood found on His feet
Chosen with honour
To love the world just like you first loved me
Perched upon the easel
Filled with the colours of the rainbow

What do you think you have been chosen to do?  What colours of the rainbow are inside you?  When you speak do those colours spill out?  When you go to do things for others, do your colours spill out and help to bring the wealth of those splendid colours to paint with in their own lives?  Growing up as a Christian, it is hard to think about and completely fathom the sacrifice that Jesus made for me.  If someone were to do that today, how would we react?  You could probably argue that innocent people die all the time, those who do no wrong to others and sacrifice their lives - but would that have been voluntary?  You might say yes there are people who die in the name of their God and say it cleanses the sins of others.  To be honest I don't know how I feel about that.  I guess we won't really know until we die and see what happens in the afterlife.  It's a conversation I had in the car yesterday with my friend's husband. He asked me if there was one thing that I could ask God if I went to heaven what would it be?  I thought about the question and answered - I would ask God - I don't know want to know who was right, I just want to know, were we even close to living within your intentions?  I wonder if we get it right as a human race.  I wonder if we show the love and compassion that Jesus walked the earth preaching, teaching and living.


You clothe me with a purple heart, purple mind, purple soul, purple smile, purple love 
Running through my vein and blood
You clothe me with a purple heart, purple mind, purple soul, purple smile, purple love
Running through my vein and blood
Purple heart, purple mind, purple soul, purple smile, purple love 
Running through my vein and blood

If God has a purpose for me (and He has) then I will be living a life that must focus on that purpose coming to fruition.  When I think and reflect on all my bad choices and bad decisions throughout my life, they were there for me to make so that I could learn about how my own selfish desires serve no purpose.  Out of the pain and suffering of those bad choices and bad decisions, I can be more at peace with myself now, because I understand why God has coloured my heart, mind, soul, smile and love purple.  It's a striking colour that serves as a reminder of the visibility that I need to be working towards, to bring forth His mission that must not be ignored.  Whoever you choose to believe in, that faith that you hold in a higher power, you will trust that it guides you through any situation, both good and bad, because those are the experiences you are meant to have.

Oo purple vein, purple vein, purple vein inside my heart 
and it leaked into my hair. my mind, my soul

Oo purple vein, purple vein, purple vein inside my heart 

and it leaked into my hair. my mind, my soul

I hope that you know how beautiful the colours are that flow from you.  Sometimes we don't know what we look like until other people can tell us what colours bleed from us.  Sometimes in the sunlight our colours may shine that much brighter.  Sometimes in the moonlight our colours may sparkle where it falls.  Whatever your colours look like, I hope that you let them leak into your hair, mind and soul. . .