Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Hope. . .

I hope that the world stops raining
Stop turning its back on the young
See nobody here is blameless
I hope that we can fix all that we've done
I really hope Martin can't see this
I hope that we still have a dream
I'm hoping that change isn't hopeless
I'm hoping to start it with me
I just hope I'm not the only one
Yeah I just hope I'm not the only one

There is collective responsibility in our actions, where we decide as one that we will move mountains to do what is right for everybody, to do what is best for the human race, because it is our very humanity that we are trying to not only preserve, but just serve.  Before we can even begin to consider fixing something, we need to think about what it is that we're looking at - do we understand what we're actually doing, have we been accountable for what we have done in the past and have we taken suitable time, sufficient opportunity to explore what else we can do?  It might take you a lifetime to locate people who can help you in your cause.

I hope we start seeing forever
Instead of what we can gain in a day
I hope we start seeing each other
Cause we don't all bleed the same?
I really hope someone can hear me
That a child doesn't bear the weight of a gun
Hope I find the voice within me to scream at the top of my lungs
I just hope I'm not the only one
I just hope I'm not the only one

I sometimes that maybe the density that we try to live through each day is such that it can keep us stuck in our ways.  We're becoming less resilient to push through and see a way through to the other side of our pain, because it just seems to be compounded by a series of events or situations beyond our control, or we inherit things that others can't seem to deal with.  Do you think you are the only one who is suffering in silence?  You don't need to be.  It takes a lot to be able to admit that you need time to yourself, to shut yourself away from the world, or to finally speak and tell someone what's going on.  There should be nothing worth hiding, especially if you think that nobody will be able to help you.  There will always be someone who is willing to listen, willing to see what you're seeing and willing to hear what you hear, but they just might need more time to get there, where you are.



Louder I cannot hear you
How can things be better left unsaid
Call me, call me a dreamer
But it seems that dreams are all that we've got left 

Sometimes when things are left unsaid, it's probably because we can't find the words to adequately explain the crap that we're being subjected to, because we have lost hope.  We might think that dreams are perfectly ok to hold onto because our reality isn't all that it's cracked up to be, but in all honesty, we can't afford to lose hope.  We need to remember that we do need to be louder, we do need to raise our voices and speak up against things that give rise to injustice and inequity - and if it's a personal case of discrimination against you, don't tolerate it.  You're entitled to stand your ground and tell those that persecute you that no, it's not ok, no you're not going to accept it and no, stop doing it.

I hope that we still have a heartbeat
I hope we don't turn to stone
At night when you turn the lights off
I hope you don't cry alone 
I hope we stop taking for granted 
All of the land and all of the sea
I'm taking a chance on loving
I hope that you take it with me

One of the major reasons that we would stop having heartbeats is if we let other people still the lifeblood that courses through our veins.  We need to look after what we have in this earth, our resources that we are meant to share with each other.  We need to look after each other.  Even when people push us away and want to be alone, it's important to give them space, but also to let people know that you're there as well.  Everybody knows their own readiness right?

You might think that you are alone, but you aren't.  I think you're mistaking that for being lonely.  Just know that you will only be lonely because you choose it.  Talk to someone and let them know what's going on for you and trust the right people in your life.  Come to think of it though, the right people will slip in and out of your life as quickly as snow melts on a sunny day.  There will be others like you, that will need to seek out others to give you hope to be where you need to be. I just hope I'm not the only one. . .