Tuesday, 31 May 2016

The truth. . .

I've been talking to a lot of people about using metacognition and metareflection.  I actively use these on a daily basis in my pursuit in finding the answers to questions that are not necessarily put to me, but those questions that swim around in my mind when it refuses to rest.  It can be hard to find the balance in all of the areas of your life, in all of the little pockets of truth that you have, whether you choose to let people put their hands in your pockets and feel around for what you hide there.  Do you carry your truth around with you in your pockets?  Do you let people see your truth?

tired but searching for the answers
tying myself down with all I find
still purpose circles like a dancer
but in my mind

I guess your mind is the safest place to store your truth.  Some people can't help but wear their truth on their sleeves, or stop it from spilling from their lips.  Truth can be fact, truth can be right. but we live in a world that tries to rationalise truth or more accurately, they try to take lies and manipulate them into certain truths depending on what they want to convey as the truth.  It's hard to tell the truth though isn't it?  We constantly hide what we hold buried either in the deep dark places of our hearts and souls, or buried in the back corners of our mind so that people can't see it, unless your facial expressions give you away.  I mean, this is the use of the poker face right?

my spirit is with the breeze
far from the things I used to know
wild and free
using the truth to let go

Who cares about knowing anymore?  As much as I try to search for things, tangible things like awards and achievement, it's definitely more about the process, the journey rather than the destination that is starting to take hold of my heart, mind and soul these days.  In the stillness of time, you can let your spirit wander around with the breeze and release all of the negative feelings that the world wants you to hold onto and keep buried inside your body.  We can be as wild and free as we want to be, using the truth as a sieve to shake off all of the things and ideas that can overwhelm us and threaten to bury our true selves from enjoying what little life we have in this vast expanse of a universe.

serenity rests in me
far from the things I used to know
I found the strength to let it show

Are you as far away from the things that you know?  I think people will naturally be drawn to you because they see you as some kind of beacon of light with all of the answers.  Then you'll have your friends who will be able to tell you (quite frankly too I might add) that you think you know it all, when you never said that you think you know it all - you just feel it all.  Can we tell the difference these days?  Find the serenity, attract it to you and let it seep in your bones.  There is a certain serenity and peace that the world can't offer you - it can only be found when you choose to let go of all of the things that hold you down and keep you from enjoying the happiness you deserve.


I smile cos I know that it's ok
I've got this love to help me slip away
far from all the worry that defines you
to live in truth

The love that you need to slip away, is the love that comes from within.  We search for love from someone because society wants us to think that love from another is what we need to make us complete.  I'm not saying that isn't true.  Because everybody needs somebody.  What I am saying is that you can't love somebody else the way they need to be loved, if you can't love yourself.  That's the best thing you can do for yourself before you even consider being in love with someone else.  If you let worry define you then it will stay a part of you.  We can live in the truth that we want to be in, if we choose to let go of everything else that threatens to take that truth away.

the truth is in love 
in love there's a light
the truth is in love
there's love where it's right

The interlude before this verse starts gives the listener time to reflect on what they've heard in previous verses but also think about what's to come.  I wonder if when the truth is in love, whether it remains strong and steadfast in its truth?  I say this because we all know what happens when we are in love.  It makes us do silly things, it makes us expose parts of our ourselves that we would never think to show anybody else.  But when we find people who can help us discover more about ourselves, then we know we are exactly where we need to be.

my spirit is with the breeze
far from the things I used to know
wild and free
using the truth to let go

There is nothing wrong with being far away from the things you used to know, it's called growing up.  We need to start becoming increasing comfortable with the uncomfortable, with the discomfort of what it means to grow and transition into new spaces that we never thought we would see ourselves.  Being forced to face challenges and more importantly, the truth, about where we need to be, exposes the strength from within ourselves so that we can deal with more complex issues that requires this strength, as well as the patience and sanity to deal with the more mundane humdrum activities in our world.

serenity rests in me
far from the things I used to know
I found the strength, I found it. . . 

I hope you get into the habit of smiling even when it's not ok.  It takes a lot of time, effort and energy to train your mind to be able to bring a smile to your face, but practice thinking about the triggers that make your smile.  A sweet memory, a moment that you treasure that you pull out from your mind and plaster as a smile on your face.  Those times are priceless but nobody can take those moments away from you.  Even when you can't live in those moments physically anymore, they are still memories nonetheless, and if thinking about them can give you the serenity that you need to give you strength to carry on and live in your truth, then I'm glad you have it, I'm glad that you've found it :-)