Thursday, 26 May 2016

The Sweet Escape. . .

If I could escape
I would, but first of all let me say
I must apologise for acting, stinking, treating you this way
Cause I've been acting like sour milk that fell on the floor
It's your fault you didn't shut the refrigerator 
Maybe that's the reason I've been acting so cold

Do you find yourself treating someone you're with, pretty cold? Like you start taking them for granted or you've become so familiar with them that you start treating them badly because you've let down your guard and let them into your life, to see the real person that you are, without inhibitions and without a full stop in sight.  We can easily start to blame others for the bad things that happen in our lives or for things that we do and expect them to save us from.  We find little things that annoy us that other people do to distract us from facing the realities of our own shortcomings.  It's human nature of course, but still, wrong to blame others for your own inadequacies and failings.

If I could escape
And recreate a place as my own world
And I could be your favourite girl
Forever, perfectly together
Tell me, boy, now wouldn't that be sweet?

How easy would it be to create a perfect world of your choosing, complete with your favourite people and things in it, so that everything was to your exact specification?  We might find it's too challenging to do that within the confines of our own world at the moment so we choose to live in our heads or lose ourselves in the dreams in our heads, afraid to make things happen, lest we also fail at making our dreams realities as well.  Would that be a sweet life for you?

What can seem strange is when people try to build a life with you in it and you're not even aware.  There is a sense of flattery I guess when this happens, although you may also seem surprised at how much you mean to people and don't realise the impact that you have on them.  We all need to nurture our gifts and talents so that we can help other people do the same for themselves.

If I could be sweet
I know I've been a real bad girl
I didn't mean for you to get hurt
(Forever) we can make it better
Tell me, boy, now wouldn't that be sweet?
(Sweet escape)

The natural thing to do is to ask for forgiveness or be contrite and make reparations for any wrongdoing you have done to your loved ones if you act like a real loser.  You probably know a lot of people in your life who constantly do wrong by others, and just rely on making it up to them because they know they will always be forgiven.  You paint a pretty picture about what things will be like, this time around, but don't take into account how many times you keep hurting others.  If hurting people becomes a habit, then it becomes part of your inner psyche.  Will you be able to change this before it's too late?



You let me down
I'm at my lowest boiling point
Come help me out
I need to get me out of this joint
Come on, let's bounce
Counting on you to turn me around
Instead of clowning around, let's look for some common ground

There might not be many people that you can relate to who can help you find some common ground.  This basis with which we try to find common ground is to establish connections that form a foundation on which to build and sustain this connection.  Do you have people who constantly count on you to turn them around?  Maybe they lack the confidence to make decisions for themselves because you come across as being so "well put together".  When someone creates their own private prison, how can we help them to escape?

So, baby, times getting a little crazy
I've been getting a little lazy
Waiting for you to come save me
I can see that you're angry
By the way that you treat me
Hopefully you don't leave me
Want to take you with me. . . 

I hope that we are able to save each other from time to time.  Of course there will be times when you need to have your own sweet escape and get away from the saviour role that you seem to play quite often in your world.  I chuckle when I think about the notion of escaping somewhere with someone who may seem to be the cause of all of your problems, or who bring unnecessary drama to your life.  Sounds like your sweet escape might be from them.  Maybe you might need to leave them and not take you with them.  

When people try to make amends, sometimes it's like spilt milk.  You can either be forgiving and go get another glass of milk or swear yourself off milk altogether because someone has ruined your experience with milk forever.  I guess you just need to be more resilient with your milk. . .