Friday, 8 April 2016

Oh what a day. . .

Oh what a day is today
Nothing can stand in my way
Now that you've shipped off from under my skin
I think I'm ready to win

Do you ever have those days where things are just going along swimmingly? (Who uses swimmingly in a sentence anymore right?).  It's almost as if you're having the perfect day because everything falls into place and it seems like you're winning everything that would normally seem like an uphill battle or a time to grind your teeth.  These days may be rare in your world, but only if you expect the worst to happen, so I say, be prepared to win, because nobody goes out expecting to lose, so refuse to lose!

Oh what a night is tonight 
I think I'm ready to fight
Now that my broken bones all have been healed
I think I'm starting to feel

You might have been reluctant in the past to stand up for yourself.  But when you've been knocked down enough, you start to realise that enough is enough and it's time to start feeling the person you want to be, to start feeling how your bones feel deep within your own skin, to know how to be the person you were destined to be.  I know once you've stood up for yourself, that you can't look back ever again.  This victim mentality that we carry around with us, can be easily left behind us, much like we leave the remnants of something we no longer need or no longer allow to control us, in the garbage can where it belongs.

Something good
Something good
Now that you're gone
I can roll onto something good

I think we can often forget what being around something good feels like.  We beat ourselves up too much and worry too much about what we do and forget about what something good can do to improve our quality of life.  If we choose to give or invest so much time and energy into an individual who we trusted to share our lives with - but then find that it doesn't work out, for whatever reason, then we find ourselves looking within, trying to pick away at the things that we think are wrong with us.  But that's not the case at all.  We just need to remove or extricate ourselves from situations that make us feel less than worthy of experiencing something good.


Oh what a way that we die
Plenty of tears were supplied
My eyes are wrung out and dry as a bone
But I taste much better alone

I have often fantasised about my own funeral.  Sounds morbid doesn't it.  But I've had dreams about people turning up to my funeral that I didn't want to be there.  How can you bounce people from your own funeral?  How would they know that they're not invited?  It's not like you send out invitations for people to attend; they just all come en masse to pay their respects.  But what if it's common knowledge that you didn't like those people, that in fact, you loathed them?  Why would they attend knowing you hated them?  That has always fascinated me.  We can cry and cry until the tears dry.  There's nothing worse than crying that no tears come.  Does being alone capture more of what you think your life was meant to be?  I mean we come into the world alone, shouldn't it be the case that you exit alone anyway?

Something good
Something good
Now that you're gone
Well I can roll onto something good

When the shadow no longer hangs over your life, there can only be nothing but something good.  It is easy to imagine again, all of the things that you wished to happen, will happen and being content and grateful about all of those things.  Even just smiling, and smiling often, about memories that you treasure from deep within your mind, even in your deepest moments of pain and sorrow, can quickly start to stoke the fires of warmth, comfort and lead to freedom, peace and joy again.  I don't believe that we experience hardships and trials for very long, as we are always continually learning about where our mistakes and misfortunes lead us.

Oh you know I moved away
From the other side of the door
Now I don't have to wait anymore
For you to come home
Something good
Now that you're gone, I can roll onto something good
Something good

Completely departing from the life that you feel once fenced you in, kept you trapped, means that you have finally taken the necessary steps to free yourself from a life of bondage but instead, to pursue happiness that doesn't rely on an individual.  What do you know are the good things in your life?  They can be more than just the one something - they can be many things.  I guess that's the beauty of trying to discover who you are and where you are meant to be heading in life - just rolling onto something good at each and every turn and trusting that if you suddenly roll onto something bad, that it won't be long until your fortune changes, as fortune favours the brave and you roll onto something good. . .