Wednesday, 20 April 2016

If you really love me . . .

And if you really love me won't you tell me
And if you really love me won't you tell me
And if you really love me won't you tell me
Then I won't have to be
Playing around

If you really loved someone, would you tell them? I guess it depends on whether you think they won't reciprocate your feelings or if you're not supposed to love them.  Telling someone you love them so that it stops them from playing around - does that really work?  It could backfire and cut off your connection because you've put feelings into the equation or it's come out of left field.  Situations can change as quickly as the blink of an eye, so we need to be prepared for them because we never know what life will throw at us when we least expect it.

You call my name, ooh so sweet
To make your kiss incomplete
When your mood is clear
You quickly change your ways
Then you say I'm untrue
What am I supposed to do
Be a fool who sits alone waiting for you

Are you in an unpredictable or volatile relationship?  I'm not sure how we can maintain our sanity sometimes when it seems we can either be impatient and lose interest so quickly because everything around us moves almost at the speed of light, making us ignore our inner light.  We play the 'blame game' from time to time, throwing each off balance and choosing to be spontaneous, which is so artificial because there's no such thing as planned spontaneity.  Would you deliberately lead someone on and have them dote on you or hang onto your every word because it made you feel better?  That's no way to live and pretty soon we start to feel the self loathing and self disgust that accompanies those long looks in the mirror that threaten to consume us and block that inner light because we constantly choose darkness every time.  I guess it's no accident that you would be a fool sitting there waiting then.  You have nobody else worth waiting for, I totally see that.


I see the light of your smile, calling me all the while
You are saying baby, it's time to go
First the feeling's alright
Then it's gone from sight 
So I'm taking out this time to say

That's probably the most annoying thing about relationships is the mismatch in momentum going forward.  You can't predict how things will go, because you must rely on open and honest communication, and that may be a problem for some problem, so what can they do?  Are we always so unsure and confused about how to be?  Just when we get used to the stability and feel comforted in the idea that having something familiar and a set routine would be just what the doctor ordered, but then we always want what we think we want because it's different to what we have.  Some might even say it's because we want what we can't have.  But why keep punishing yourself that way?  Why do we persist in punishing ourselves when there are enough people in the world who would love to line up and do that to you already?

And if you really love me won't you tell me
And if you really love me won't you tell me
And if you really love me won't you tell me
Then I won't have to be
Playing around no 
Playing around no
Hey yeah

I guess the juxtaposed tempos are symbolic of what life is really like these days, the dichotomy or opposing sides to everyone's nature that makes them human, when we are sad and hopeless and then when we are joyful and hopeful; it would be enough to drive anyone crazy.  Will you be telling anybody soon that you love them?  Especially when you know they will least expect it?  I guess I wouldn't know how to react either if someone told me.  But if you felt that way inclined, pick a moment when you think I won't suspect because I wouldn't mind knowing, if you really love me, won't you tell me. . .