Monday, 21 March 2016

Never saw blue like that. . .

Today we took a walk up the street
And picked a flower and climbed the hill
Above the lake. . . 

I have always been fascinated by people who have a really good memory, you know, the kind of people who have that mega memory brain that remembers names, events, places, things, people, what clothes people wore, what words were said or shared, what smells lingered in the air.  I've been told I have that kind of ability, one where I remember so much,  I often wonder whether it is a blessing or a curse in that sense, because it feels like even if you wanted to forget something, you can't really, because you will always remember.  Even something as simple and sweet as a walk up the street and remembering places that you walk past and just drink it in with your eyes.

And secret thoughts were said aloud
We watched the faces in the clouds
Until the clouds had blown away

Do you see faces in the clouds?  It's something that not everyone is able to do, but something I have been able to do as a child.  I guess it's something that comes and goes depending on how in tune you allow yourself to be connected to it.  Do the clouds blow away because we lose the ability to make out those faces as we grow older?  When we stop believing in things that made us feel safe and loved?  I guess it comes down to how you are able to see the world with someone who understands what you see.

And were we ever somewhere else
You know, it's hard to say

It can be hard to imagine yourself being somewhere else physically when you make a discovery about yourself or someone else and you are able to process this in your mind, recognising the present moment, taking it all in - not knowing if anywhere else ever seemed to be as important as where you are right now.


And I never saw blue like that before
Across the sky
Around the world
You've given me all you have and more
And no one else has ever shown me how
To see the world the way I see it now
Oh, I, I never saw blue like that

I think people don't realise how much they can give to others, even when you think that you don't give anything, in fact, you don't give anything, but in the act of not giving anything substantial, you're actually giving more than you will ever know, because that is the lesson that needs to be learned.  When you realise something. you will start to see colours so differently, you will start to see things that you have never quite seen before, you will be able to see and feel a blue that you have never experienced before.  This isn't a sad or bad thing, it's just a new way of experiencing something that is new, that is different, could be exciting and terrifying at the same time - and if that means that you need to embrace your greatness, that's your OMG moment - a reminder that I tell myself and others to do - to "own my greatness".  Even in my deepest and darkest sadness, I can still own my greatness.

I can't believe a month ago
I was alone, I didn't know you
I hadn't seen or heard your name
And even now, I'm so amazed
It's like a dream, it's like a rainbow, it's like the rain

You will come across people in your life's path that you won't be able to explain why you're connected but that doesn't matter.  You will spend your entire life trying to figure out what matters and even then, that comes in phases depending on what's happening with you, around you, without you.  Do you feel like the older you get, the less you know?  I think it's something that we shouldn't be afraid of embracing, particularly when we have been taught to value knowledge.

And some things are the way they are
And words just can't explain

What's important about knowing things these days?  Does it help get to where we need to be?  I guess it does to some degree, but most of the time we spend time exploring solutions, reaching towards answers that aren't easily found.  I don't feel that I need to see or hear about people anymore than I used to.  Think about it, the less we are open to what is to come, the less we are able to accept what comes with the fortitude that is required to withstand challenges and trials.  

And it feels like now
And it feels like always
And it feels like coming home. . . 

I hope that whatever you are going through in your life, that you will be able to appreciate what you have.  I hope that you will be able to feel what it is that you are feeling now, that you feel more at home than you ever needed, if you need it.  I hope that you can see what I see, because I am learning that even through it all, in spite of it all and despite it all, I am grateful that to know that I never saw blue like that. . .