Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Lovesong. . .

This blog post is dedicated to everyone who I love and who love me in return, to everyone who needs love or wants love but wouldn't know what love looked like even if it slapped them. . .hard :-)

People sometimes ask me about when I write, who do I write about, as they're interested in knowing if I am writing about a specific person.  I think sometimes I write about several different people but the way it comes out in the piece, it sounds like I'm writing extensively about one person.  This song is a track by The Cure but I prefer Adele's softer rendition.

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am free again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again

I think it's important to spend time alone with someone.  There is something chemical that happens when people connect - on whichever level you prefer or naturally inclined to.  It's also important to connect with someone who helps you feel free, who makes you feel whole when you might constantly surrounded by people who make you feel trapped or less than complete.  If at all possible, avoid having contact with these types of people.

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am fun again

Of course there is the flip side.  What if someone feels young with you, or feels like they are fun again because of you?  It may come as a surprise to you that might mean the world to someone.  Unless you're a mindreader or they have the confidence to tell you or don't realise how unfiltered they sound telling you about how you make them feel and the effect you have on them - that's always pretty cool to hear.  I love hanging out with people who make me feel young and who make me forget the dramas that threaten to control my life.  Instead I choose to connect with those who are able to think about life the same way I do.

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

Do you tell the people you need to, how much they mean to you?  Do you sometimes find it difficult to be free with your feelings and let them know how important you are to them?  That they don't feel like they can learn more new things about themselves unless you tell them what they need to hear, like they are seeking some form of approval from you?  I think it's important to look in the mirror and talk to yourself and say kinds words to yourself.  We should stop seeking approval from others, but find the courage to love ourselves.  We can't possibly love others in really meaningful ways, if we aren't in love with us first.



Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am free again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am clean again

When someone can make you feel clean again, then you know that you have a very deep spiritual connection with that person.  When you no longer feel judged and no longer feel less than yourself, you feel less than great because others want you to be weak and feel that way - then you only have yourself to blame for those negative emotions, but you let your weakened state accept the things about you that are untrue.  I have talked before in previous blog posts about self esteem and how we need to build that up for ourselves.  Building self esteem is critically important and the funny thing about it - it's something that you must learn to do on your own, nobody can teach you how to believe in you - because you have to action that for yourself, that's why it's called self esteem - it's about the esteem that you have of yourself.  I can't give you that.  Nobody can. All we can do is hold you in high esteem when you exude confidence by fostering your own self esteem.  Sounds simple doesn't it?

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

The only distance I can think about being so far away is being separated from those who now dwell in another world.  I can feel remnants of them that remain in this world when I am alone.  So I think for the most part, I can focus really hard on the spiritual remnants of those who linger behind in places and things and even people who echo those sentiments that hark back to those I have loved and have now left me.  When I think about how long I have stayed with people before I have moved on in my life, has been because I have felt the courage to leave them, if they didn't leave me first, through no fault of their own, without any intentional design and or machination of the human mind.

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

Throughout our lifetimes we will always love people that we must eventually leave or will eventually leave us.  We cannot stay and stray, hoping to linger as long as possible until they disappear, just because we wanted to catch one last glimpse of them before a final goodbye.

When I think about the words I have said or the words that have been said to me - I always remember the lines that didn't seem to mean much at the time, but now those words torment me and torture me in the recesses of my mind, coming out to play and ring in my ears when I hear something or someone that once again triggers those words, like a broken record that manages to find its way to the jukebox of experience that I think doesn't work anymore, but now I know, works when it needs to.

I hope that how love plays out in your life, whether you are open to it or not, whether you have stumbled over it and almost lost it forever, whether people are trying to encourage you to move on with a new love when you actually can't afford to focus on someone else's needs other than your own or whether you are meant to be in love but find yourself in love with another - all of these are different scenes of love that must be played out because we are meant to learn about love because whatever words I say I will always love you, I will always love you. . .