Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Home. . .

Thinking back when we first met, I remember what you said
You said you'd never leave me yeah
I let go of your hand, built my castle in the sand
But I'm reaching out again and I'm not letting go, till you

I don't know who you subscribe to when it comes to believing in a higher power, or what you believe in that helps to centre you as an individual within this world.  I always find that this song speaks to me on many levels and even though I've heard it so many times, sung by so many different people in many different circumstances, but I can never go past the original recording of this song by Brian McKnight.  How often have you let go and decided that you knew what was best for yourself only to find that it was the wrong decision.  Of course, if you're like me, there are never any mistakes in life, because you are meant to learn about everything that happens to you - good or bad.  You can't have one without the other - that's not the type of world we live in.

Hold me, mould me, sometimes I feel so all alone
See I gotta find my way back home so why don't you
Shape me, make me, wash me whiter than the snow
I gotta find my way, back home

There's something that comes with submission to that higher power and acknowledging that without trusting and believing in Him (or Her, I'm not fussed about what gender preference you have) you would be lost.  We can only ever allow ourselves to be shaped, made and washed because we have placed our trust and utter confidence in being taken care of in this way.  No matter where I turn I see so many instances in the world where there are tragedies and victims of those tragedies.  It almost seems as if the world loves reporting bad news all the time, our social media networks are completely saturated in it.

Master upon my knees I pray
I just wanna be the clay, put your arms around me yeah
Place my life in your hands, Lord I know I'm just a man
Though you understand, this time I'm not letting go
Till you 

Do you want to make something of your life and do something worthwhile, meaningful, but you don't know how?  It's important that you start to surround yourself with people and connect with people who can help you to achieve this.  It is important to find and connect with people you can trust, people who understand your desires to serve, to be better than what you think you are, better than what you were lead to believe rather than what people perceive you to be.  The only person you need to convince that you're worthy of being someone that can be used as an instrument of purpose - is yourself.


Anoint me, appoint me, sometimes I feel so all alone
See I gotta find my way back home, so why don't you
Chastise me, baptize me, wash me whiter than the snow
I gotta find my way
Cos I'm lost and alone, I've been wandering long enough to know
Humbly I search for you and I'm not gonna rest till you

It was always going to be a lonely journey thinking about how you were going to serve the masses, be a dutiful member of your own family that looked out for them as well as thinking about how much people have come to rely on you within your own community.  Can you handle the pressure?  Can you handle the stress?  It is too easy to compare yourself to others around who you think have it easier than you.  They only have it easier because they have yet to realise what their true destiny is - to be a human with purpose and drive to make the world a better place than when we entered it.  I mean, this is the only reason for why we are restless and reckless people - we are impatient with how slow life can seemingly be, but what is time but a portal that has a beginning and end point - the duration in between can't be accurately measured because it depends on who's looking.  One millennium in our world's lifetime may only be one second in God's time.  That has always fascinated me.  Makes me wonder if that's why people are in different time zones in this world.  And I'm not just talking about the international dateline when I refer to that.

Choose me, use me, sometimes I feel so all alone
I am on my way back home, so why don't you
Direct me, bless me, wash me whiter than the snow
I am on my way. . . back home. . . 

I believe that when we reach a state of enlightenment within ourselves because we have searched and found answers that lead us to more questions - it is only then that I believe we are more on the path to going to our spiritual home more than ever.  I sometimes think that the reason we can feel alone sometimes is because we won't really feel a part of something until we have reconnected with those who have gone before us.

But I guess until that day arrives, there is still more that needs to be done here in this world.  No matter how hard things get, how hard the struggles may be, we must retain our faith in what will benefit all people.  I think about the America elections and I think about which candidates best reflect what is best for their people - the few who fund the elections with their money, or the masses of voters who would elect them into power?  I guess we'll never know how things are really meant to be until we are on our way back home. . .