Thursday, 31 March 2016

Getting better. . .

This blog post is for everyone who helps make me feel that my life - it's getting better all the time. . 

I used to get mad at my school (No I can't complain) 
The teachers who taught me weren't cool (No I can't complain)
You're holding me down (Oh) turning me round (Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (foolish rules)

I guess there would be some times in your life where you had some bad memories of school.  There would have been some teachers that you had, who might not have ever thought you would amount to anything in life and written you off when you were a child.  Either you cried at the thought of their low opinion of you, or you used that as fuel to improve your lot in life, to really dig deep and focus on proving their assumptions about - completely wrong.  Did you succeed in being able to rid yourself of the rules that they imposed on you?  As an adult now, would you consider them to be foolish rules?

I've got to admit it's getting better (better)
A little better all the time (it can't get more worse)
I have to admit it's getting better (better)
It's getting better since you've been mine

I think as much as you allow negative energy to get in the way of your destiny, you must start turning the tide yourself and start thinking about how much you should be appreciating all of the things that you have in your life.  Having an attitude of gratitude may be hard to sustain but once you start practicing what that actually means in your life - you will find that you are better off, that things will actually start to get better, because you have a better approach to how to live life, and who you choose to make you life, even better by living together, growing together in that better life.

Me used to be angry young man
Me hiding me head in the sand
You gave me the word, I finally heard
I'm doing the best that I can

Have you had trouble trying to tell someone that they have anger issues?  Maybe it was hard to broach that particular topic or start to have that conversation that could centre on some simple questions like - why are you so angry?  Are you often angry like this?  What does being angry in this way help to achieve?  We all understand that being angry allows the person a chance to release some of the pent up frustration about a situation that has gone awry or hasn't followed a plan, or you feel that you have been wronged in a situation and you want some retribution or some acknowledgement about it.  Maybe taking our heads out of the sand is a good start to getting on a pathway to this.


I used to be cruel to my woman
I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved
Man I was mean but I'm changing my scene
And I'm doing the best that I can (ooh)

Does it make men feel better to be cruel to their women?  Does it make him feel more manly and more of a champion to use and abuse women for their male egos?  I'm just asking these questions, as patriarchal societies have a lot to answer for - particularly if they exercise these ways of being.  I hope that men start changing their scene and start realising the worth of a woman.  They forget that they came out of mothers, who carried them for nine months before they were born.  I personally don't understand how a man can mistreat a woman in such a heinous way, unless of course his love for his mother and healthy respect for women is only surpassed by other things that he allows to take precedence - like money, fame, control and ultimately, power.

I've got to admit it's getting better (better)
A little better all the time (it can't get more worse)
I have to admit it's getting better (better)
It's getting better since you've been mine

When do you start to believe and think that things are getting better?  I guess it's when you make a decision that things actually are better, no matter how dire a situation seems, it all comes down to a matter of scale - how big people seem to view a problem.  What may seem like a potential crisis to someone may seem like something minuscule to someone else.  I think it's possible to see the good in any situation.  It takes a lot of determination, willpower and just plain old patience, but there are always opportunities for improvement, there are always pathways that can lead to success - if you want it to.

Getting so much better all the time
It's getting better all the time
Better, better, better
It's getting better all the time
Better, better, better
Getting so much better all the time

I hope you realise how much better your life is, wherever you are.  I hope that you are able to smile and laugh with your friends and appreciate how important good people are in your life, and it wouldn't hurt to show appreciation for their love and support - so thank you to all my friends.  I have also found that life gets better all the time, when we are able to make meaningful connections with new people who are able to elevate our thinking and allow us the scope to understand the beauty of humanity in action - so thank you to everyone who makes me feel this way.  I'm just so excited that things are getting so much better all the time. . .