Monday, 7 March 2016

Everything I own. . .

You sheltered me from harm
Kept me warm, kept me warm
You gave my life to me
Set me free, set me free
The finest years I ever knew
Were all the years I had with you

With the change of season (it's Autumn/Fall here in Aotearoa), it always brings with it the changes that come in one's life.  You remember for a glimpse, for a moment in time, the memories that were ensconced in each season.  Have you been reminiscing lately?  The finest years you will ever know may well have been with someone that you are no longer with.  We will always appreciate how good we had it during those times, when we felt warm, felt sheltered but didn't even realise it at the time.

You taught me how to love
What it's of, what it's of
You never said too much
But still you showed the way
And I knew from watching you
Nobody else could ever know
The part of me that can't let go

There's something that can be said for people who can teach you things by not saying much at all.  Have you been in a relationship or had a connection with someone who didn't really verbally communicate with you because they relied on you doing all the talking, they relied on you being able to sense what was going on inside them and being in tune with them?  Do you pay attention to what's going on around you?  Do people pay enough attention to what's going on with you?  Do we show each other the way?



Is there someone you know
You're loving them so
But taking them all for granted
You may lose them one day
Someone takes them away
And they don't hear the words that you long to say

I guess we need to think about how much we really care for others.  We can't afford to be quiet and not say what we really want to say.  It is a chance we must be prepared to take when we must disclose our feelings to people, even when we run the risk of not being accepted, when we run the risk of being rejected, we must still be prepared to go there and learn about not being accepted and being rejected; not be mad at that but just expect ourselves to grow in our knowing of ourselves.  Are you secure in the knowledge that the one you love will be there, even when you take them for granted?

I would give anything I own
Give up my life, my heart, my home
I would give everything I own
Just to have you back again
Just to have you once again. . . 

I hope that you understand how important it is to cherish and treasure who you are with.  This is important because we can't give everything to get someone back.  But I guess if you're prepared to give up those things - your life, your heart and your home, you should really be thinking about sacrificing those things when that someone is there with you - so that you don't have to worry about having them again, even just to have you once again. . .