Monday, 1 February 2016

Something. . .

Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos me

I don't want to leave her now
You know I believe and how

What is attraction these days?  What is it even all about?  We studied magnets when we were kids and learned about negative and positive forces and how they either propelled each other or attracted each other, depending on what ends of the magnets you rubbed together.

Do we feel the same way towards people?  Do you know when people really enjoy your company and they let you know because they hang on every word that comes out of your mouth or they look at you quite intensively?  It's not a romantic thing I sense per se, but just more the attraction that happens when minds meet and the connections work fast and furious.

Somewhere in her smile she knows
That I don't need no other lover
Something in her style that shows me

Don't want to leave her now

You know I believe and how

Have you had conversations with people when they make comments that sound funny to you because you know that you fascinate them, because they don't actually realise what's coming out of their mouths as they're talking to you?  I don't laugh at it in a haughty kind of way, but I laugh because the Samoan inside me finds it funny when that happens.  Samoans laugh at anything.  It's in our blood, our DNA and something I would often get growled off for as a young child.  Laughing incessantly for no particular reason, but not because I was nervous but just because I liked to laugh and the more I laughed, the harder I laughed and soon enough it was contagious and everybody laughed with me.


You're asking me will my love grow
I don't know, I don't know
You stick around now it may show
I don't know, I don't know

Do you have someone waiting around hoping for you to develop feelings for them?  How do you feel about that?  Waiting for someone to see if their love will grow for you is pretty much like watching paint dry - a waste of time and an exercise not worth entertaining.  I've searched on YouTube for a version of this track that I thought would speak to me.  As much as I've focused on the lyrics in this post, this cover by Tommy Emmanuel and Joscho Stephan tugs at my heart strings.

Something in the way she knows
And all I have to do is think of her
Something in the things she shows me

Don't want to leave her now

You know I believe and how. . . 

I hope that when you come across people who are fascinated by you, that you treat them with respect and become generous with not only your love but offer them what they seek from you.  It's funny when their fascination can't be articulated in ways other than what society deems as normal, but you don't need to label or explain what it is you feel or how you know you make them feel.  Wear the praise, no matter how ill it may seem to fit on you and you don't want to put it on; it is the only way that they know how to respond to what you do.  You don't even need to understand what you're doing - it's obviously not meant for you, but for them.  You know they don't want to leave you, but believe and know how, this connection is special and must be treated as something. . .