Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Rise up. . .

This track is a song endorsement by +Shannon Vulu 

You can harbour some private pain and struggles that will never see the light of day, that will never surface or show on your face, in the conversations you say or the things you do.  Have you ever felt like if you allow something small, something that was initially insignificant, even ignored your gut instinct but you allowed those little things to add up and snowball into something that can threaten to overwhelm you or cause you constant stress - how do we cope with that?

You're broken down and tired
Of living life on a merry-go-round
And you can't find the fighter
But I see it you so we gonna walk it out
And move mountains
We gonna walk it out
And move mountains

What are some ways in which we can develop our own self management skills, particularly when we need to be able to trust ourselves before relying on others?  It's that intrinsic or innate sense of self isn't it, that we must keep strong, that we must foster and focus on if we are going to trust in others.  
I've talked before in previous blog posts about being on a merry go round, where life may seem to spin us around so fast that we can't seem to make any headway to getting some relief, some physical respite and more importantly peace of mind from our deepest and darkest fears.

And I'll rise up, I'll rise up like the day
I'll rise up, I'll rise unafraid
I'll rise up, and I'll do it a thousand times again
And I'll rise up, high like the waves
I'll rise up, in spite of the ache
I'll rise up, and I'll do it a thousand times again

The resilience that is required to rise up in any situation, must come from inside yourself.  But we all know that if you don't already possess the ability to be resilient. to rise up, then you must be able to surround yourself with people who have the skills and capabilities to lift you out of any situation that threatens to keep you down in the quicksand of life (but only if you let it).


When the silence isn't quiet
And it's feels like it's getting hard to breathe
And I know you feel like dying
But I promise we'll take the world to its feet
And move mountains
We're gonna walk out
And move mountains
And I'll rise up, I'll rise like the day
I'll rise up, I'll rise unafraid
I'll rise up, and I'll do it a thousand times again
For you. . . 

Rising up will be an inevitable part of who you are, much like the rising of a new day.  The wonderful opportunities that a new day brings includes the endless possibilities of not making your mistakes disappear or making a situation better - but in fact, just wiping the slate clean and starting from a new standpoint, re-evaluating how you will choose to live your life again, almost like hitting the reset or start over / start again button.  Take courage in your abilities to be able to move mountains.  It's really about inviting your own mindset to shift, believing in the impossible, especially when we live in a world that doesn't acknowledge how we are able to not only dream the impossible, but drop the prefix to make the impossible, possible.

All we need, all we need is hope
And for that we have each other
And for that we have each other
We will rise
We will rise
We'll rise, ohhh ohhh
We'll rise. . . 

I hope that you hold onto hope like I do, like I have, like I always will, because nothing is certain in this life, apart from all the things that threaten to take all the goodness out of it.  I hope that you will find people who will have enough hope not only for themselves, but just enough hope to give to you too, so that you can have hope for each other, have hope for all you love (even those you hate) and even have hope for strangers and people who wish you ill will, because as much as strangers might be friends that you haven't yet met, those people who wish you bad things, are the ones who need your hope the most.  It makes me smile to think that collectively if we all have hope, nothing can keep us down because we can all rise up. . .