Tuesday, 9 February 2016

I am woman. . .

This track was the anthem for women in the 70s particularly during the time of women's liberation and being a young teenager in the 90s we were very much influenced by the 80s mantra of "girls can do anything."  I think sometimes we forget as women how much we bring to any situation and that all of the negative stereotypes that follow us around - that we get hysterical and over emotional at things that maybe require some heartfelt feelings of conviction, to use all opportunities to stamp out these ridiculous stereotypes.

I am woman hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back and pretend
'Cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

If we gain new knowledge and come to know about the power that we have as women, of course it will be natural for men to feel threatened or want to minimise what we have achieved.  I'm not generalising all men though, because there are some men who celebrate the women in their lives.  I read somewhere about the fact that "strong women excite men but intimidate boys."  I truly believe this.

Oh yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price 
But look how much I've gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)

There is a price that you pay for being strong.  For the most part, you might have had to deal with so many sacrifices in order to be strong, because of circumstances beyond your control, where other people might have forced you to take action and clean up their messes.  Isn't that what strong women do?  Push aside their own needs and desires to focus on fixing problems and looking after other people entrusted into their care.  The power of a strong woman comes from an infinite self-belief that doesn't allow room for self doubt, or self sabotage because she understands that nobody can stop her or block her from living her destiny.



You can bend but never break me
'Cause it only serves to make me
More determined to reach my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'Cause you deepened the conviction in my soul

The greatest determination that you can manifest to achieve your goals can stem from people who believe you can't achieve your goals.  A strong woman constantly proves her critics wrong and even when you've proven them wrong, they will try to throw more obstacles in your way.  The greatest teachers of how you will choose to live your life often are the best people who look out for you and your success, but are the ones who focus on plotting ways for your demise.  I find these people fascinating and more often than not, are unaware of the fact that I know their true intentions and motives.

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long, long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Strong women want to be able to share their strength with others in as many different places, not to show off that they are strong, but to let others know that they too can be strong if they choose it.  Strong women also understand that once they come into their own and learn how to be strong, that they are able to face up to any other future challenges by learning to increase their depth and capacity for strength, developing and cultivating super human strength that only comes enduring situations and crises that other people would've given up trying to solve and save others in.  Even when people try to back you into a corner and expect you to cower away in defeat, trust yourself and stand your ground, because once you find your inner strength and learn to recognise what your roar sounds like and you like the sound of it - you will have no qualms about using that roar when any situation calls.

I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong
I am woman 
I am invincible
I am strong
I am woman. . . 

I hope that every woman reading this believes in this mantra.
Because you are invincible and you are strong.
How do I know?  Because I am woman :-)