Monday, 29 February 2016

Healing hands. . . .

I never dreamed I could cry so hard
That ain't like a man
I could fly like a bird some days
Had a place where I could land 

There will be days where you will feel like your problems and issues will do more than threaten to overwhelm you, they could possibly kill you, if you let them.  We all have the capacity to fly and land on places for respite when we need to, but what happens when we start to tire when we fly?  What happens when we look around us while in mid flight and start to realise that there's nobody else flying alongside you?  Would you have the strength to carry on and do what you needed to do?

I could sworn we were all locked in
Ain't that what you said
I never knew it could hurt so bad
When the power of love is dead

I see the power of love embedded in how you care for someone, how you are able to express love and however you choose to define that love - being nice to somebody, being respectful, being able to embody all things nice and lovely that is the complete opposite of being unloving.   What do we do when we start to feel unloved?  What do we do what we come across situations and scenarios where the power of love is dead?  What can we do to remind others and ourselves about how we can choose to love others first, and use words that come from a place of love, to make people understand what you mean.  That requires a lot of practise to achieve though right?  It's always easier to lash out and not make a considered effort to be the best of yourself and not blame others for your shortcomings.

But giving into the nightmare
Ain't no cure for the pain
You gotta wade into the water
You gotta learn to live again

Those of us who are reluctant swimmers and even more against getting our feet wet, will find it hard to live again or even before you get a chance to live again, you're reluctant to face up to the realities of your current life situation.  So what do you do?  Waste your time worrying needlessly and endlessly about things that are not worth worrying about and worth stressing about because they are beyond your control, or because you have no influence over the people who control decisions that affect you?  People would think I'm appealing to their inner conspiracy theorist (ha!).


And reach out for her healing hands
Reach out for her healing hands
There's a light where darkness ends
Touch me now and let me see again
Rock me now in your gentle healing hands

I think the older I get the more conscious I am becoming and being aware of the power of words and how they can heal.  It's probably what I like the most about having this outlet when I talk about music and how it makes me feel.  I also come from a line of healers where I have accepted that more and more as being part of my living reality because now not only do words heal, but touch heals too. How do you reach out to people?  I think about how we communicate with people and how our words touch them, about how our hands touch them and whether we use our positions to heal or harm.

I never knew love like poison
That burned like a fire
All I ever wanted was a reason
To drown in your eyes

 I guess it's only natural for you to want to reach out to people that you see are the ones who heal you.  It's a difficult lesson to learn when you find yourself gravitating towards people who do not heal you but harm you.  What's the easiest way to find this out?  Sadly there isn't.  You are always placed in positions and situations where you must learn about yourself through the burning fires and poisonous love that may threaten to consume you.

I never knew sleep so restless
Empty arms so cold
That's not the way it's supposed to be
It ain't the spell that I was sold. . 

I've always been fascinated by the point of clarity when realisation dawns.  I think those epiphany moments occur much quicker for us once we start to embrace them as they first arrive.  Drown in the eyes of whoever you need, to make things right within yourself, but remember to start developing that for yourself, so check a mirror once in a while so that you become accustomed to what it means to drown in yourself and not rely on others.

I hope that you find the healing hands that can calm you and give you peace.
But I can't wait for the time when you are able to look down at your own hands and see the potential for self-healing that I can see :-)