Sunday, 3 January 2016

The blower's daughter. . .

I have only really heard this song in the past week and I'm glad that someone brought it to my attention.  It's a beautiful song of love that is lost, love that has ended and coming to grips with it being removed from your world, against your will, because you are hoping against hope that the other person will want to hold on as much as you do.  But they don't.  So this is that song that everyone should listen to when they're going through some heartbreak.  I think it might help to purge some of the feelings that you have left, learn to let go and release all of the pain by acknowledging it, accepting it and moving on to what you need to do for yourself, for your life, so that your idea of love can begin to rebuild itself.

And so it is, just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me, most of the time
And so it is, the shorter the glory
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

When you start to take someone for granted, that you think they will always be there for you, that their unconditional love for you can be treated like a doormat or some cheap entertainment for your benefit - when the rug is pulled out from under you and you realise she's not interested in being there for you anymore, you no longer feature as the hero in her sky.  You're probably starting to wonder, when did she wake up to herself?  Why did I not see this coming?  What am I supposed to do now?  Where will I now get what she used to give me?  That's because life comes easy for someone like you, who hasn't had to work hard for anything in his life.  Why did you think that you would have to work to earn her love, seeing as she gave hers to you so freely?

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes. . . .

I sense a bit of irony here.  I think about how you can't take your eyes off of her now, but where were your eyes when she was right in front of you?



And so it is, just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze, most of the time
And so it is, the colder water
The blower's daughter, The pupil in denial

When you realise that you are losing her, you start to feel.
You start to be able to feel the elements around you, because she represents fire and she has left you, and all you feel like is the breeze that you try to forget, the colder water, all the while refusing to believe what has happened.  When will it sink in for you do you think?  When you will sink to your knees in the breeze, and sink into the colder water, continuing to deny the reality that the elements of nature have no problems in making you see.

Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to leave it all behind?

This is an interesting part of the song for me, because this is the first time you hear what she has to say.  When he must face the denial that he's been busy playing - in the hopes that you are only pretending.  I think her words hurt him, and I don't think she does it just to be mean - but it's what he makes her feel, after he has mistreated her.  It's almost as if you're playing her voice in your mind so that you can recall why you are only just now starting to feel.  Should you deserve any pity?  No, you just deserve to take stock of what's happened and how you can deal with it later.

I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind. . . 
My mind. . . my mind. . .
'Til I find somebody new

I hope that you will be able to get over this situation, not in the way where you need to get over it because you need to or want to - but because there is healing that must take place, to repair how you are going to be able to feel for women, unknown women that will casually cross your path - and you must be prepared to meet them on.  You must then take this time to grieve the end of this relationship until you are right within yourself, not just so that you can find somebody new.

You need to be able to reset your mind so that you are able to have a proper functioning mind that will know what to do next time, when your heart has the opportunity to love again, when your mind is able to be filled by somebody different, somebody new, to answer the unspoken heart song that you're unknowingly emitting out into the world. . .