Sunday, 17 January 2016

Fill your heart . . .

It's really hard to stop thinking about things and just learning to feel them instead.
We forget to let our gut instinct kick in sometimes and just let it take over, because we worry too much about being misconstrued or misunderstood - but you are holding yourself prisoner to well, yourself, in the sense that you won't truly enjoy all that life has to offer.

Fill your heart with love today
Don't play the game of time
Things that happened in the past
Only happened in your mind
Only in your mind
Oh forget your mind and you'll be free yea
The writing's on the wall
Free yea and you can know it all

I watched a couple of movies when I was on the plane to and from Samoa and I deliberately selected  movies that I needed to help with my feelings.  Why did I need help with my feelings?  I think for the most part, most of what I do and think is based largely on how I feel.  Call it intuition or gut instinct.  The movie I watched going over to Samoa was The Intern starring Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway.  If you haven't seen the movie I highly recommend that you watch it because I learned more and more about needing to fill my heart and my life with what I love rather than complaining about things, doubting myself and just blocking your own potential because of fear.

If you choose, just remember
Lovers never lose 
'Cause they are 
Free of thoughts unpure
And of thoughts unkind
Gentleness clears the soul
Love cleans the mind
And makes it free

I watched two more movies on my return to Aotearoa - The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel with Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Richard Gere and Say Anything starring John Cusack and Ione Skye.  Both movies filled my heart with lots of pithy phrases which I don't recall now but no doubt I will be able to find them easily enough if I look hard, but all I remember on that flight is that I was coming home and feeling different about things and how it would all pan out.  I had concluded on the trip that no matter how what situation I would find myself in, that I would approach it with love.  I know, easier said than done right.  But yes that's the beauty of the challenge.


Happiness is happening
The dragons have been bled
Gentleness is everywhere
Fear's just in your head
Only in your head
Fear is in your head
Only in your head
So forget your head
And you'll be free
The writing's on the wall
Free yea and you can know it all

Can you imagine yourself dancing along to this song or doing your usual humdrum daily routines to this song?  It helps to listen to music that is fun and inspires you to be silly.  You're probably thinking - who has time for that?  But I highly recommend factoring in some serious "silly time" with people who know how to be silly with you and don't judge you for it (otherwise you're obviously surrounded by the wrong type of people if you can't think of who to do this with).  So think less with your head especially when occasions call for you to be able to feel, not to think about negative scenarios or things that weigh you down.  Be free and let go.

If you choose, just remember
Lovers never lose 
'Cause they are free of thoughts unpure
And of thoughts unkind
Gentleness clears the soul
Love cleans the mind
And makes it free

So it is easy to see that if you really start feeling more, and thinking less (you know what I mean, when over thinking has the danger of taking you over the edge) you will start to feel the gentleness that you need to clear your soul and love cleaning your mind to set it free.  I mean, there's no point in filling your mind with thoughts unpure, thoughts that threaten to consume every other positive opportunity that leads to bigger and better things, leads to brighter and beautiful people :-)

Only in your mind - forget your mind. . .