Sunday, 27 December 2015

Woman. . .

I've blogged about John Lennon in previous blog posts (see Let it be, Imagine and Gimme the truth).  I have long admired his song writing skills and clever use of lyrics with equally haunting melodies to match.  I think what I love most about his lyrics is how he is able to say things in such a clever way; there's something about smart lyrics that get me every time and this track is no exception.

Woman I can hardly express
My mixed emotion at my thoughtlessness
After all I'm forever in your debt
And woman I will try to express
My inner feelings and thankfulness
For showing me the meaning of success
Oooh, well, well
Oooh, well, well

They say that behind every great man, there's an even greater woman.  I guess for the most part we have seen this play out in the American political arena with former president Bill Clinton and current president Barack Obama with strong women who have played a part in driving their men to be successful.  Are you that woman for someone at the moment?  It can be a difficult task to motivate someone who is unwilling to be ambitious - I don't mean like ambitious where you need to walk all over other people to get what you want, I'm just talking about having some goals and working towards achieving them.  There's also probably nothing worse than standing by your man and watching attain high levels of success only to then watch him either forget to thank you for all you've done for him or he conveniently replaces you with someone else to reap the benefits of his toil.  Ladies, all I can say here, is be very careful about who you choose to invest your time and energy in.


Woman I know you understand
The little child inside the man
Please remember my life is in your hands
And woman hold me close to your heart
However distant don't keep us apart
After all it is written in the stars
Oooh, well, well
Oooh, well, well

There is a little child inside every man, one that needs to be nurtured and developed so that they understand how to be a man and become fathers themselves of real little children when the time comes.  Often men need reassuring that they will always be close to your heart even if there is geographic distance, and that's quite a normal thing to have to do, give someone reassurance, so when you can, offer this reassurance, but it also pays to be clear as well - about whatever other important messages you need to share.  I often think people that want to stay close to your heart, they will most likely try to be in touch as often as they can, to ensure that you maintain that closeness with conversation.

Woman please let me explain
I never meant to cause you sorrow or pain
So let me tell you again and again and again
I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever
I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever
I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever
I love you (yeah, yeah). . . 

When you have been wronged, it is important to accept the apology when it is offered and moved on.  Whether you choose to move on by accepting the apology and resuming the relationship or ending it - is totally up to you.  When you resume something after something has happened, it is important to establish new boundaries about how to proceed so that you not only avoid setting yourself up from being hurt again, but more importantly so that he knows, that he should have learned the lesson of causing you sorrow or pain, but not heading down that pathway again - otherwise what's the point of resuming the relationship?

I hope that you find your now and forever.
I am pretty sure that is there is a "now and forever" for everybody; sometimes they don't come necessarily as the one and the same person.

And woman I will try to express
My inner feelings and thankfulness

For showing me the meaning of success. . .

Something I often think about but let go as more pressing priorities take shape.
Something you could think about now too as we head into the final days of 2015.