Friday, 4 December 2015

This never happened before. . .

I'm very sure, this never happened to me before
I met you and now I'm sure 
This never happened before

I'm reflecting on the chance meetings that have made up some significant moments for me this year.  I don't know whether it's because I'm more in tune with my intuitive side or because I'm more conscious of people when I talk to them and I pay closer attention to what they say (or don't say) and I am finding that there are natural conclusions that you draw about them based on these interactions.  I have always been amused when I'm with other people and we all meet a new person, after talking to that new person and they walk away, everyone makes comments about that interaction.  

Now I see, this is the way it's supposed to be
I met you and now I see
This is the way it should be

I am finding that I am less judgemental than I used to (I'm still not satisfied about the level but pleased with the progress I've made in this area) and I genuinely try to find the good in all people, even when my friends don't like the people that I find fascinating (we're all human, we're allowed to like different people).  I guess it all comes down to perception right?  This is something I talked about with my manager this week - about how people's perceptions of you - regardless of what they are based on, will guide them to make conclusions about you.  I just find it annoying when people make conclusions about you based on hearsay rather than through an actual conversation with you.

This is the way it should be, for lovers
They shouldn't go it alone
It's not so good when you're on your own

When you think about your past lovers (consider your current one if you have one), do you feel alone in your relationship?  The idea is that if you are with someone that they will be the one to totally complete you in every way possible.  But I know some people who are complete on their own and are quite happy with their lives and they are unattached.
 



So come to me, now we can be what we want to be
I love you and now I see
This is the way it should be
This is the way it should be

When do we decide that we can be what we want to be? That definition of a connection of what binds you to someone is not only significant, but comes with a sense of agreement with there is finality and totality.  The process leading up this point is usually fraught with an incessantly long dance of complicated of moves and sequences that require you to master each step with grace and fluidity but more importantly, relying on the other person to hold you close and trust that physical space with each other, which may seem foreign and uncomfortable at first, but over time the familiarity will kick in and you will start to explore that connection; where it takes you, who knows.  You sometimes don't  need to know where, just enjoy the ride.

This is the way it should be, for lovers

They shouldn't go it alone
It's not so good when you're on your own

It depends doesn't it - on so many factors, including people's personal preferences, what they constitute as a healthy relationship and what it actually means to be on your own - does it mean to be lonely or to be independent?  Once again perception rears its head in my direction.

I'm very sure, this never happened to me before 
I met you and now I'm sure
This never happened before (This never happened before)
This never happened before (This never happened before)
This never happened before (This never happened before)
This never happened before. . . 

I hope that you relish the moments that have never happened before, start to happen and unravel.
I look at all of the challenging moments I've had and I realise that they happened so that I could learn and feel things that needed to help build my character and be the best person possible for the world.   I look at all of the beautiful moments I've had and I realise that I need to be grateful for these and so much more, because they are often tinged with sadness or some deeper level of pain that it comes out as beautiful.  

I hope I continue to meet more people who will bring me more moments of things that have never happened before. . . I met you and now I'm sure. . .