Saturday, 19 December 2015

This guy's in love with you. . .

This blog post is dedicated to all the guys that think they're in love right now :-)

Well I guess this post is really for the guys who are looking for relationships, but not really.  
There can definitely be some challenges that guys will face within themselves, especially when it comes to feelings - developing feelings for a woman, how they know they've got the feelings, but it's really all about taking the chance, taking the plunge and sounding a woman out I guess, in order to know how you feel about them.  

You see this guy, this guy's in love with you
Yes I'm in love, who looks at you the way I do
When you smile I can tell, we know each other very well
How can I show you, I'm glad I got to know you 'cause

How do you know if a guy is starting to fall in love with you?  Well he might do things that seem out of the ordinary - things that are totally unexpected, but you might gratefully accept them because he's being extremely thoughtful and somewhat spontaneous.  I guess a guy has some genuine feelings of love for you if he can interpret that you know each other well just from seeing your smile.  Have you thought long and hard about some of the ways that he has shown you that he's glad to know you?  If you're a guy, you can use this advice too - what are some of the ways that you've shown her that you're in love with her?  Women love eye contact (well some do), I guess it really depends on how you look at a woman - none of those creepy steely eye locks, but just a well timed gaze that speak volumes about your intentions.  I don't know about you  -but that's a lot of pressure to put your eyes under haha.

I've heard some talk, they say you think I'm fine
Yes I'm in love, and what I'd do to make you mine
Tell me now, is it so, don't let me be the last to know
My hands are shakin', don't let my heart keep breakin' 'cause

I watched the music video and besides being distracted by the constant costume changes but I was fascinated by the emphasis placed on the location shots, walking in fields, along the riverbank and then the final scene on the beach with the sunset.  Do you know what a guy would do to make you his?  I can't help but think of extreme measures that guys can go to make you theirs - ranging from the thoughtful to the "too much" but I guess it depends on their ability to gauge the level of comfortability you would have about them making their intentions clear.  Have you ever felt their hands shakin' before?  I chuckle when I think about hands shakin' because I can recall distinct incidents about hands shakin' - about guys not being natural enough in their own skin, so they don't know how to be when their hands touch yours.



I need your love, I want your love
Say you're in love, in love with this guy
If not I'll just die. . . 

I guess it takes a lot for people to admit or confess their feelings.  Men I find are very good at masking their feelings or lack the practise to articulate their feelings.  Generally speaking, they're very good at being opinionated about other more "suitable" topics for discussion like sports, politics, religion, pop culture or technology; but ask them questions about their feelings and they run a mile.   Thankfully I have come across some male individuals who are able to speak quite clearly about their feelings and have told me that they needed my love or wanted my love.  It was a great learning experience for me in terms of trying to understand my own feelings towards them - did I reciprocate the same feelings?  Did I see these feelings looming on the horizon?   Was I prepared to do something with these feelings?  How would I proceed?

Tell me now, is it so, don't let me be the last to know
My hands are shakin', don't let my heart keep breakin' 'cause

It can be quite agonising to think about whether someone loves you, especially if everyone else knows and they assumed that you knew too - but no, you became the last to know.  Why should their heart keep breaking?  Is it because you didn't reciprocate or you ignored their feelings?  I remember holding some shakin' hands and reassuring them about the feelings of need and want that they had expressed.  I clearly remember in some cases where the feelings were reciprocated and others where the feelings weren't; turning someone down is never easy, but it's definitely a life skill that needs to be developed if you want to keep their hearts intact or at least minimise the heartbreak that you will cause.

I need your love, I want your love
Say you're in love, in love with this guy
If not I'll just die. . . 

I hope that even if she doesn't need or want your love, that you won't ever give up the opportunity to be a guy in love.  I think it's important for guys to be able to show their vulnerability to a woman that they like or have fallen in love with - not so that the woman can control his feelings, but because even when his hands are shakin', it is better to lead your life with your feelings and say your piece - even in  the face of the possibility that reciprocity of love isn't there, because rejection helps you to build strength and character as a man and it just means that you haven't found the right woman.  So don't die just yet - there are plenty of other women who will love you  - need you and want you - they way that you need to be loved :-)