Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Stuck with you. . .

I went to see Oprah in her one-off Auckland show last night.  It was funny because when I first found out that she was coming, there was every intention of going to see her but I didn't make any moves to make it happen like the obvious thing of - buying a ticket.  I just put it out into the universe at the time, that I wanted to go (in my heart of hearts) and let the universe do its job and get me there.  So I only knew I was going to the show on Tuesday afternoon when an opportunity presented itself and I was offered a spare ticket; fate intervened and I went.  Everything she spoke about, I am already manifesting in my current life.  It was very life affirming, full of validation and joy for my choices.

We've had some fun, and yes we've had our ups and down 
Been down that rocky road, but here we are, still around
We thought about someone else, but neither one took the bait
We thought about breaking up, but now we know it's much too late

Of course, when we are presented with other opportunities that can cause us to question whether the grass is greener on someone else's field other than the grass we normally play in, it's usually because you're experiencing issues and problems that you have let build over time.  Oprah talked a lot about whispers in your head being messages, that when we ignore these messages they quickly transition into pebbles, then bricks then brick walls.  The sooner we address the messages and trust the voices within ourselves - the better off we will be.

We are bound by all the rest
Like the same phone number
All the same friends
And the same address

What are some of the things that bind you?  Are they strong enough to hold you together and make you feel secure about yourself and all that you are?  It's perfectly healthy to have different friends and different addresses, I know, because I've lived through that.  There is no one set way or some conventional way of doing things - well no, I'm wrong, there is - it's called society's norms I guess - but we don't necessarily need to follow through with that.  We are after all, the masters of our own fates and the captains of our souls.


Yes it's true (yes it's true) I am happy to be stuck with you
Yes it's true (yes it's true) I'm so happy to be stuck with you
'Cause I can see (I can see) that you're happy to be stuck with me

I think at certain points of your life, you will be happy to be stuck with someone or certain people.  There is a sense of comfort and familiarity with settling in these situations and it's also because you are also afraid of surfacing not what is wrong with your relationship or friendship - but really addressing what lies within yourself.

We've had our doubts, we never took them seriously
And we've had our ins and outs, but that's the way it's supposed to be
We thought about giving up, but we could never stay away
Thought about breaking up, but now we know it's much too late

I hope that you will start to have some stark and honest conversations with your significant others, and if you don't have a significant other - a conversation with yourself about what type of relationship or friendship you do want to have, what you do want to attract - because remember, what you intend is what you attract and manifest into your current reality.

And it's no great mystery
If we change our minds
Eventually, it's back to you and me

Oprah talked a lot about the work of Gary Zukav and this poem below sums up much of what I feel when I think about love.  I guess I'm not happy to be stuck with you, I'm just happy :-)

“Eventually, you will come to understand 
that love heals everything, 
and love is all there is. 

The journey may take many lifetimes, 
but you will complete it. 
It is impossible not to complete it. 
It is not a question of if but of when.

Every situation you create 
serves this purpose. 

Every experience you encounter
serves this purpose.” 
― Gary Zukav